Lady Gaga's little monsters protest Madonna appearance at GLAAD Awards

Pine Charles

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they were smart, they'd know Madonna was actually one of the very first celebrities to promote safe sex and openly lent her support to gay rights a long time before it became fashionable for celebrities to do so.

The sad thing is, Lady Gaga feeds into her psychotic fans and encourages these people. I bet she won't even open her mouth about this mockery to let her fans know the actual facts.

• Members

Exactly right! Madonna always promoted safe sex.

Flopga's fans are a bunch of psychotic nitwits. I was a big fan when she was new to the scene, but she totally 'jumped the shark' after Born This Way (album) was released; she's also very hypocritical.

• Members

That makes my skin crawl. Many of Madonna's friends likely died of AIDS - is she being blamed for their deaths?

She encouraged fun and at times sexuality, not promiscuity - I wouldn't even say any of her music at the height of the AIDS crisis went anywhere near that direction. By the time of the Sex album and book, anyone with a brain should have known about condom use, and even if they didn't, that's not Madonna's fault.

How disgusting to exploit AIDS this way, especially that era, which decimated so many people. It's reprehensible.

• Members

I remember an SNL episode Madonna hosted, this must have been in a 1985 episode, she appeared in a sketch written by Terry Sweeney (I think), who was the only openly gay writer/cast member SNL had for a long long time, and the sketch was basically about gay men with AIDS being shunned. And that was much of America in 1985. Do these people realize that some powerful members of Congress were trying to have gay men put into camps? Do they know anything about that world or what Madonna was doing and the difference she probably made to a lot of people who felt like they were lepers, even though she probably had management and record executives telling her not to make a peep?

I just wish people would shut the !@#$%^&*] up.

• Members

Madonna has tried to make amends with Gaga over Gaga plagiarizing Madonna and Gaga insists she's creative because she is the first one since Madonna to do that type of music. So whatever. The Gaga fans are pretty much like the white girls in Bring It On who were stealing cheers from the black girls if those white girls then went on to complain about how offensive the cheers were.

What's interesting is that the generation that are Gaga fans were certainly instructed in school that AIDS was the scariest and worst thing ever, because they would've been entering school in the early 90s when AIDS was still an epidemic but no longer forbidden to talk about. So there's something about AIDS embedded in their earliest memories, but I wonder if even then it was so remote to the affluent type that would like Gaga that it was never truly real to them.

Archived