OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So the debate about using profanity and nudity on @TOLN's @AllMyChildren & @OneLifeToLive has begun. Actually it began before any scenes aired. However, now that they have, it has gone up a few notches.

I have noticed that both soaps use swearing differently. On #OLTL, it seems the word [!@#$%^&*] is used a lot by @CorbinBleu's Jeffrey, @KelleyRMissal's Dani & @Rob_Gorrie's Matthew as a verb. Like [!@#$%^&*], that girl is hot or where is my [!@#$%^&*]. (That was funny, BTW). While over at #AMC, the words [!@#$%^&*] & ass-hole are used more when letting out emotions, whether in a fight, trying to defue a situation (@DebbiMorgan's Angie, the way she used the word [!@#$%^&*] when talking to David had no effect on the May 1st episode or when Zach realized who had taken Cassie). Those situations made very much sense. Personally I also get a kick out of @EricNelsen's Aj use of profanity. That has come for the most part when defending Miranda (@DenyseTontz) to Hunter (@DanielCovin). Those scenes also screamed reality. The dialogue felt how friends talk to each other.

As for the Nudity, #OLTL has had none so far & #AMC had some bare hip and brief ass from @EricNelsen's AJ. In that scene which was played for comedy, it made so much sense because he had just gotten out of the shower & I assume we all shower naked. Plus the show wanted AJ to be caught by Miranda, which in my opinion lead to a great scene of chemistry between them.

Now, IMO, i see no issue with showing swearing & nudity. In fact, I feel America gives to much power to how "bad" swearing & nudity is, when it fact they are no big deal. I feel that if we just talked about what those words actually meant & how the human body is a beautiful thing, I could see people in the long run not making a big deal out of this.

• Members

5.pngS.gif

Thank you for a great 1st week back!!

We debuted at #1 on iTunes and Hulu!

Have you caught up on all the steamy moments in Pine Valley and Llanview?

0508_kiss1.jpg
0508_kiss2.jpg
Did you know you can watch All My Children and One Life To Live without leaving our Facebook pages! Watch and share with friends directly through the Hulu tabs on the All My Children and One Life To Live Facebook pages!
0508_click.jpg
We have also been loading up TOLNSoaps with tons of behind the scenes goodies, red carpet interviews and lots more extras!
0508_youtube.jpg

Share your favorite moments so far with us on
Stay Tuned to see all the drama in Pine Valley and Llanview on logo-hulu.jpg
Also available on iTunes

About Prospect Park

Prospect Park is a media and production company founded in 2009 by entertainment industry veterans Jeffrey Kwatinetz and former Disney Studios head Rich Frank. Along with successful film and music divisions, the company's television group has numerous shows in development and breakout network hits airing including "Royal Pains" and "Wilfred."

More information about TOLN series will soon be available at www.TOLN.com and www.theonlinenetwork.com or follow The Online Network on Twitter (@toln). For news and information about "One Life to Live" or "All My Children," connect via Facebook or follow the series on Twitter at www.facebook.com/onelifetolive or @onelifetolive orwww.facebook.com/allmychildren or @allmychildren.

S.gif
The OnLine Network | [email protected] | http://theonlinenetwork.com

1840 Century Park East

18th Floor

Los Angeles, CA 90067

• Members

Enrique Buenrostro ‏@enriquevbjr 21m

@theamberskye Can't wait to see you on #OLTL, crazy that your brother played Matthew's cousin when he played CJ

Amber Skye ‏@theamberskye 16m

@enriquevbjr good thing Cj (Tyler) is my real life brother and not one on the show haha! wink.png although that would be a good soap storyline lol

Enrique Buenrostro ‏@enriquevbjr 15m

@theamberskye you never know, Tina could've had another child in the 11 years she wasn't onscreen

Amber Skye ‏@theamberskye 13m

@enriquevbjr hah very true! You never know what could happen!

Enrique Buenrostro ‏@enriquevbjr 10m

@theamberskye CJ Roberts is a missed character on #OLTL, we haven't seen him since 1997. Would beawesome if Tyler comes back, you never know

Amber Skye ‏@theamberskye 8m

@enriquevbjr I'm sure he would love that! start a movement!

• Members

So this clears up the rumors that KA didn't want to do the new OLTL

Fans love you as Starr Manning, since you were that little girl that we all watched grow up before our eyes on One Life to Live. Many wanted you to come back as Starr to the new online version. Is that even something you would consider doing?

KRISTEN: Here is the thing; I was considering it right off the bat. I was fully ready to go to Prospect Park. What happened was; that they offered me to come back in March for a week. I said, “Yes” right away. And then they called and said, “We don’t need you this soon.” I think they figured it may have been too soon to write me on for just a week, and then not have me on after that. I did not hear from them for a while, and then they did not ask me to come back till the end of May, or beginning of June. So, it was not in stone when they would actually need me. I said, “Look, I can’t sign on to anything now because I don’t know where I am going to be then.” At the time, I had no plans on going back to GH, as of yet. I was kind of auditioning. So, I did not want to put all my auditions on hold, which I would have had to do. So I said, “Contact me later, and I would be really interested in maybe doing it.” It was just too far in advance. I feel kind of bad. Fans feel that I turned down One Life to Live. I was 100% prepared to go back in March, and I am not saying anything against Prospect Park. They apologized to me profusely for not being able to work it out for that week in March. I am sure they already had written way ahead. We left on really good terms. They said, “We will contact you later about possibly coming on,” and so I said, “Awesome.” It’s funny. Josh Kelly (Cutter) called me the night of the AMC and OLTL premiere. He said, “You should really think about coming to the show. I am telling you Kristen, it’s going to be really good!” And I said, “I never said I was never going to!” (Laughs) It is still up in the air. One Life to Live was my home, and it was my home, since I was six-years-old. I would never stick my nose up to it!

http://michaelfairmansoaps.com/news/general-hospitals-kristen-alderson-interview-her-daytime-emmy-nomination-new-gh-character-oltl-revival/2013/05/08/

Archived