OLTL: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks for the link!smile.png What I heard on You Tube previously wasn't a good indication of potential but her voice sounds good, hopefully it will be full and strong and will be back by some good backing music.

For what it's worth, Snoop has been spending some time in Jamaica (although some were kinda rough on him--don't know if he'll return any time soon), so he'll have no excuse if he trots out anything subpar--I'm guessing he won't.

But the theme song possibility is looking pretty promising, I think.

• Members

So @OneLifeToLive fans, I sent @Rob_Gorrie & Kirk Geiger my blog saying they look alike & Kirk responded with the following via Facebook. @allisgoodie

Kirk Geiger
Thanks John ! Very cool .
Maybe I should check in with them...

11:16am
John Walter Seip
yep

11:17am
Kirk Geiger
Prospect Park ?
Who do you think I should contact ? Might be interesting .

11:19am
John Walter Seip
here is the Casting director: https://twitter.com/allisgoodie

11:20am
Kirk Geiger
Beautiful ! Thanks John !

11:21am
John Walter Seip
NP

• Members

@_MelissaArcher will Natalie and Cutter become known as "Nutter" by soap fans? Hmm......that could go sooo wrong!

@BruceAFleming ❑❏❏❏❏

I tried. I guess she wasn't sure what to say! LOL!

This was from a couple weeks ago....

Bruce Fleming@BruceAFleming

@_MelissaArcher Do you speak "sailor"? LMAO. Keep it real!

@BruceAFleming only language I'm comfortable with wink.png

• Members

Re: people not liking Cutter, for me as a potential new fan, he's someone who stands out to me in the promos. So sorry but I like him already.

I loved the "I'm not going to make it ... I'm too pretty for prison" line he had to Kim on the phone. Also I sought out some more clips of him based on that and his interaction with Rama that I saw in the recap promo video. Love his smile in the 2-minute trailer. I read more about the character on Wikipedia too.

I hope he is not just conning people as it seems from the Wikipedia summary he was trying to reform around near the end of the show (had taken Stacy, really Gigi, to get her supposed plastic surgery reversed). It seems he will have gotten released from prison by trying to appeal to his recently found, rich mother, who I guess is a former character on the show, so I imagine PP will be bringing her back at some point.

Anyway, this is just a long winded way of saying, I think OLTL and Prospect Park know what they're doing in promoting Josh Kelly and Cutter Wentworth.

I've reacted to the Roger Howarth news in another thread ... Great, win-win!.

• Members

I like Josh Kelly on OLTL. Cutter definitely had his good moments and his bad moments but just because Cutter may have been one way on OLTL 1.0 doesn't mean he will be that way on 2.0. The show does have different writers. Why is everyone assuming that they know how these characters will be before we even get to see the way the new writers write for them?

Personally, I hope he still has a devious but fun con side and brings that out in Natalie! Natalie was fun in the early days. They could potentially be a great pairing and help forget all about John and Brody (tho I liked her with Brody just hated it was at Jessica's expense!)

• Members

Josh Kelly as Cutter was one of the best additions from the last couple of years. The storyline had serious issues but he had a certain charisma about him which you could tell he'd excel, given the right plot. It'll be interesting to see him now under new writers bc I always found JK to have good chemistry with his costars and brought charm and humor to the role, which would have merely been very generic under a different actor. He stood out to me

• Members

Errol, any news on whether Thom Racina will continue as sole head writer or of prospects for a co-head? I've gotten spoiled by new developments every week. Hope things don't come to a halt with the end of OLTL production. I am looking forward to the show's new theme song, especially if there is an accompanying music video by the recording artist.

• Members

+1

I liked Josh and Cutter as well. I guess I can see why some wouldn't, though he's far from a bad actor and the character is a (mostly) fresh slate. Soaps do need newbies. We're all just so jaded because of how newbies were typically handled.

Archived