AMC: The Prospect Park Era (old production thread)

• Members

Shouldn't these "now in production" threads be closed down at some point?

We have the daily episodes, the Friday specials and the production threads. Isn't this a little bit too much? Unless we start production threads for every single soap smile.png

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder whether DAYS fans had the same issue when Julie, who had been the show's young heroine for much of the late '60s and '70s, suddenly became a grandmother by the end of the decade.

• Members

It's getting crazy how some people try to convince others (or themselves?) that everything is perfect in the PP soaps.

It's like a cult!

I wonder what some people would say if Morgan was Carly's grandson on GH and she discovered that Nikolas is her son. I am certain that age would matter tongue.png After all RC is EVIL!!!!!!

• Members

I have to admit that the Dixie/JR/AJ age thing is a hot mess. I've made the conscious choice to accept it by thinking of it the same way I do nontraditional casting in the theatre but folks are fooling themselves if they say it doesn't matter.

• Members

Why does it matter. Maybe Dixie is late 48 or 50 now and JR is like 36 and AJ 16. That would make sense

Right its been done since Daytime TV began in the 50's

Hell even Eden said maybe they will age Binks a few years or have the rape happen when she was 17 0r 18

• Members

It matters for the same reason all the other examples cited matter: it's visually incongruous to the story they are telling. I don't see it as a PP problem as much as an endemic flaw of the state of the genre. All this crazy SORASing is the result of years of plot point baby rabies on ALL the shows. The only way this is more of a PP problem would be from the consideration that they really need to attract new viewers and this is the type of thing that makes new viewers say WTF?

The big problem in this is Cady because she looks [!@#$%^&*] amazing for her age. Ironically she looks younger now than she has with some of her past haircuts. It would be a lot easier to believe brain-damaged back from the dead Dixie circa 2011 could be Bittle's mom than this blond goddess G-MILF strutting around PV.

• Members

I think that the daily episode discussions need to be eliminated. Just make it an AMC discussion thread that would make all things AMC in production/discussion OR make a monthly thread for all things AMC. Streamline and simplify.

• Members

There are too many posts per day for one huge thread per month to be feasible for most people. Unless someone was reading regularly they would lose track very quickly and then there would be even more repeated content.

Archived