Chad Duell gets divorced.

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, good lord, you [!@#$%^&*] people.

All these soap stars get married way too young (Melissa Reeves), especially when they're uber-Christian. These are two young kids being young and foolish and not staying in hasty, ill-advised marriages. Let them be young and do whatever. Honestly. Who gives a !@#$%^&*]? Starr isn't exactly my favorite character these days either but that doesn't mean I think Kristen Alderson is "popping her !@#$%^&*]" on the corner because she might be involved with one young man.

Get a life.

• Members

I'm not, actually - I just think it's tacky, forced and just trying way, way too hard. Like 90% of the board these days, apparently.

I get it, everybody's feelin' real sassy these days. That doesn't mean I have to chime in with [!@#$%^&*] like "I bet Nurse Sabrina sucks dick for meth!" to try and prove how wild! I am. It's not necessary! And it's not actually funny, it's just kind of bland shock value. It's become monotone.

• Members

The problem is we don't know. We don't know these people. Don't get me wrong, it's fun to joke and guess, but there's no point in slut-shaming an actress we do not know, over events we do not know, to the ends of the SON earth.

And I don't really think KA looks that bad, not that it matters.

• Members

Of course it's fine, because she's Starr. It's not like the Starr/GH jokes ever get old or, perish the thought, grindingly repetitious.

Why? What do we know about his marriage? What do we know about any of these people's real lives that we may judge them? Why is that our business or our problem? The answer is it's not, but they're convenient targets because most of the board does not enjoy the fictional characters they play on the teevee.

• Members

It's one thing to say she's probably [!@#$%^&*] him. I happen to think she is, and can and will talk about it. My moral judgment on that, OTOH, is minimal. Even if I'm going to talk about that, because that is soap gossip, you're not going to catch me calling her a whore. Because I have no frame of reference for that, and no real context or personal knowledge of these two silly kids' lives (and no room to judge, actually, but ooh lord is that another story).

Archived