• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

People are saying it's a Lulu recast based off the script

GENERAL HOSPITAL - ROLE OF "ERIN"

LOFT - AFTERNOON (MARK, ERIN)

MARK
Direct question. Do you agree with your father, do you think we don't have a future?

ERIN
My father didn't actually say that. And you know, nobody can predict the future — we could be hit by a bus or you could get shot — [or “trip and fall and-]

MARK
(OVER) Look, if you have doubts, I need to hear them.

ERIN
I guess I had a crisis of confidence. You and I were having problems, and I started thinking it was my fault, that I shouldn't be married. I hate fighting with you and I hate even more how I start sabotaging myself, acting all resentful and entitled.

MARK
So we disagreed. It happens. That doesn't mean we don't love each other.

ERIN
Well, of course not. We're great together, but can we stay together?
That's the question.

MARK
You think I'm gonna let you down, take off the way everyone else has.

ERIN
You could never let me down. Like I said, it's me I'm worried about. You were right. I am a little gun shy because of my family. At one time or another they all ran away from what was supposed to make them happy. They started out with the best of intentions, but it always ended, and not happily. How can I not take that as a warning? The universe is basically telling me that I'm better off alone.

MARK
I don't know how you can even think that.

ERIN
I've been thinking it awhile now. I can't help measuring my life against a history I was never a part of. I grew up with those exciting stories about my parents and their great love story. Part of me thinks love is supposed to equal lots of adventure and definite heartbreak.

MARK
Look, our marriage isn't perfect - and it's not like your parents' or your brother's [marriage]. Sometimes we'll face excitement, sometimes we won't. But if you're willing to work through it, I know we can have a wonderful life together.

ERIN
Forever?

MARK
You want a guarantee?

ERIN
Yes. I do.

MARK
(LIGHT) Wait, who's the one who just said that nobody can predict the future? All I know is that I want to spend every day that I can with you. If it turns into forever - even better.

ERIN
You know, I thought the smartest thing I ever did was to marry you. Now I know it is.

• Members

I like JMB, but I wouldn't mind a recast. However, right in the middle of this surrogacy story it might be a little jarring. I guess if JMB is leaving, I'd say just have Lulu decide to go off to school or something, then bring a recast back a few months later...Then again, Genie Francis is returning so they might think it's absolutely necessary to have Lulu around right now.

I guess only time will tell.

• Members

I just don't think she's recastable. JMB's been in the role since Lulu was SORASed back in 2005.

She is Lulu. Period.

It's not like the Kirsten Storms/Jen Lilley thing because Kirsten wasn't the first SORASed Maxie. That was Danica Stewart. And, she didn't work out so they went back to Robyn Richards. Who was already old enough by 2005 that there wasn't a huge age jump between her Maxie and KS's Maxie.

But, when JMB came on as Lulu. There was a huge difference between her and the little 8 year old that had been playing her a year before.

Archived