Days- Another Vet Out???

• Members

Found this on Facebook:

Here's the latest comings and goings casting news from Days of Our Lives.

On the January 7 episode of Days, John left Marlena and moved into a hotel. On the show's January 18 episode, Drake Hogestyn and his character actually leave Salem, and they'll be off the canvas for a few weeks. What does that mean for Hogestyn's future with the soap? Well, the actor recently tried to rally his fans' support on twitter, tweeting, "If you want to see more of John in 2013...NOW is the time for you're voices to be heard."

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

honestly tho, john was been next to nothing in this story. the story is marlena vs kristen.

john has been such a waste of space since they killed him off and brought him back in like 2008 cuz they felt bad for Drake. Marlena would be far better off without him and the fued with Kristen and affair with Brady could easily go on without him.

John, Roman and Abe play the same character really.

• Members

Maybe it is contract negotiation time and they are trying to hedge their bets by writing him out for a little while? Or maybe it has to do with his guarantee. Either way, I'd like to see him back. Yes, he has been somewhat... neutered since 2008 (doesn't he seem a little neutered to you guys? I remember when John definied virile masculinity on Days!). But at the same time, he is Marlena's true wuv, her catnip, her superhero. If Marlena is around, it would make sense John is, too.

Plus I'd rather watch him than Fauxman or Abe. Bo's gone too, so they need one "good guy" pilar of the community around.

Plus I look forward to the day when they finally admit that John is Stefano's son -- if only to see EJ get all pissy and jealous about it.

• Members

Exactly. I'm not at all shocked over this. It seems soaps nowadays like to just send characters away to deal with anything and then bring them back (Anna/Duke haven't been on GH in a month) and throw them right back into things.

It's probably an episode guarantee thing. He and Dee have been used a lot.

I doubt he's out but from what he's said he's likely not working much. If he's out towards the end of this month for a little while this was filmed in what, October? And he tweeted what, in late/late December around New Years? So that would be filming March. Doesn't sound great but lines up with John not being around for a few weeks.

Archived