Y&R: Two actors out

• Members

U GUYZ R MEAN JUS JELLIS UR NOT TALLENTED AZ tUCKER (OR HANSUM HA HA!!!) & PRETTY LIEK EDEN IS SHE IZ GOREJUST THE greaTeST ACTERS YandR EVER HAVE Y&&R & JILL PHAREN FELPS r STOOPID 2 LET THEM GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now that that's outta my system...

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hurrah! This should have happened ages ago. And I say this as a Stephen Nichols fan. It's not his fault necessarily -- this character was an epic fail from the second Peepaw McElvis set foot on set. MAB clearly came up with a name but no sense of character whatsoever.

I would love Patch back on Days but then again I would love Shari Anderson over there writing for him.

Eden has been cast how many times? Three? Another character where the name came first and that was about it.

• Members

I've been trying to get into Y&R lately but it seems like it's in such a state of messy transition that I find it difficult. I'm not just saying that just because of news like this, but I watch and feel like everyone and every story is expendable and it makes it hard to focus/commit. So I end up watching DAYS which oddly feels like it belongs on Nickelodeon.

• Members

This (to me) means that we get more Adam/Sharon and Nick/Avery, but then again, it's not as if either one of these had any decent airtime.

I wonder if Jill will leave town again following Tucker's endstory to make room for Walton's next leave of absence.

• Members

I just don't see how I could ever tune into this show again. First Sophia and now Tucker, two characters that might have been liked by only me? lol

The missed opportunity with Tucker and Devon as father/son is a travesty. The scenes when Tucker learned that Devon was his son were breathtaking. Nichols captured my heart, but of course that was sidelined because Sharon the filthy ass gutter snipe had to have all of the attention. Now, this just gives more time to Sham! No thank you!

Sigh...

• Members

Yes they did. Tucker, Katherine, & Devon as the "new Chancellor Family" was beyond awful, not to mention ridiculous. The original version of Tucker (William Russ ) could have strengthened and expanded the Chancellor clan & given Jill & Kay a new chapter in their lives. The second personality where Tucker became a depressed version of Victor, and viewers were supposed to forget the last 40 years between Katherine & Jill every took place destroyed it.

Bringing Jill/JW back was probably the smartest thing the new regime did. It flew in the face everything JFP was criticized and hated for in the past.

-They didn't fire a long time vet instead they re-hired one.

-They saved an original Y&R character too. That is respecting Y&R history and/or Bill Bell.

-She was a woman over 40, over 60 even.

-She wasn't a stick thin actor.

It would be even more effective if they would actually USE Jill! LOL But I imagine that will be easier once Tucker leaves GC. The way he was written made it hard to write anything for Kay and/or Jill without including him, and he just didn't work between the two ladies. I'm looking forward to the new congressman, I hope he's for Jill, I haven't looked forward to anything Y&R has announced in years, now there have been two in a matter of weeks. YAY!

Archived