Y&R: Recently fired actress returns

• Members

Who's idea was it to bring back MR? There was no void from Abby being gone that needed to be filled and JG said she was not needed just last month.

I always liked Vail Bloom. She was charismatic, sexy, fun. Her Heather kept the men on theri toes and I could see why all the gus were interested in her. Landon was dull as dishwater. I never saw her on ATWT so I'm talking strictly from her Y&R appearence and I didn't see anyone gushing about Daniel and Heather with her the role.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This just means they have no plans for Abby and will only use her for filler or to be some type of commentator on Newman drama.

It's telling that her entire damn thread is about an actress who was fired 3 years ago and played an entirely different role. Abby was and will always be a pointless, pointless character.

• Members
Exactly. Back in 2008/09 most of the board (aside from me and maybe a person or two) really hated her portrayal.

On topic: It is sad that this is mostly about VB instead of Marcy. Speaks volumes about it, really.

• Members

I agree. I didn't care about Heather one way or the other, but once the recast began, it was clear that this character would never be pretty or appealing again. Getting rid of Vail Bloom for that overrated beast, Eden Riegel, because of her alleged daytime star power was heinous! She flopped.

• Members

I get bad memories from that era... ending a viable chemistry-couple Adam/Heather by turning Adam into a baby-murdering-stealing guy who then falls for his victim, then killing off Colleen, turning up the number of psychos, more bad stunt casting.... meh, bad bad.

Maybe Griffith's current Y&R isn't all that bad. LOL

• Members

I will say that Rylan is better than she was on Guiding Light. I was one who enjoyed Crystal Hunt as Lizzie and when they replaced her with Marcy it was so jarring. The poorly dyed blonde hair was bad enough, the over the top cutesy acting was puke-worthy, but worst of all--Lizzie and Roxie Spaulding both looked like they'd aged 15 years. It was hard to take. I never understood the instant love for her then and I feel the same way about her on Y&R.

Archived