GH: another 80's character returning?????

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Reuniting Felicia and Frisco would be a terrible mistake, IMO, and undo the work they've done to rehab her character this year in a strong supporting role with Mac. I never thought I'd be able to tolerate the Flea again, but she works here. And Frisco has been the ultimate deadbeat for decades.

• Members

There's no need for Frisco. Too many in this Faison story will ruin it. FRon are spending too much time going in the past trying to resurrect yesteryear. That's going to work but for so long. Take the current canvas and move forward. Flashbacks as a substitute for actual dialogue? Eventually, the entire audience will be on to you. Some of us are already there.

• Members

Considering that the return of the 80s and 90s characters have made GH a helluva lot watchable than it's been in well over a decade, I'm A-OK about Frisco returning to the canvas (while getting rid of Guza's leftovers that have been stinking up the canvas for far too long in the process) and will gladly welcome other pasttime characters' returns (Georgie, for starters).

However, I definitely don't want Frisco's return to be about rekindling his relationship with Felicia, as I've no desire to be down that road again. If Ron were smart, he'd make his return about building/repairing the relationship that he damaged with his surviving daughter (much like I suspect - since I still don't trust this show enough to fully believe the redemption/rehabilitation I'm seeing of the Real AJQ just yet - that Ron is having AJ do with Eeyore) when he stayed away.

After all, I trust the idea (or rather, the truth) of Frisco the remorseful deadbeat parent a lot more than I ever bought that sh!t that Guza tried to sell me about Felicia (or Robert Scorpio, for that matter).

• Members

Never said that Guza made Frisco a deadbeat dad, as that's pretty much how I knew him as back in the 90s. I said that Guza made Felicia a deadbeat mother, which is something that I never did and never will buy since unlike Frisco, she was present in both daughters' lives.

Hence is why I said the idea of Frisco being remorseful about not being there for his kids. I don't even know if Frisco's return is a given or what Ron plans to do with him if he does, but I'd much rather that he come back and fight for his surviving daughter's forgiveness over rekindling what he had with Felicia.

Archived