Girl Meets World - (Boy meets World spinoff)

Cheap21

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 456
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Thanks for posting, dragonflies! Sounds good. Betsy said awhile back that she and Russ would appear occasionally. And Rider hinted at guest starring too.

I haven't seen William Russ on tv in awhile. I saw him in old tv movies like "A Promise to Keep" with Dana Delany, and "The Test of Love" with Roma Downey. He's good at comedy but he's really good at drama too. I didn't really enjoy him during his stint on Y&R though but then again I haven't liked anything about that soap in a long time so maybe I'm not objective.

Has anyone heard anything about Lily Nicksay? I remember hearing about her talking to Marc Jacobs about it.

Eric was so obnoxious and became such a doofus later on but I wouldn't mind seeing Will Friedle guest star occasionally.

• Members

haha I saw that last week! Minkus was soooo annoying but it's nice to see old faces since I watched this show for years. It's funny that he's apparently a teacher just like Cory! I hope we don't see too much of him though. I wouldn't be surprised if he's the principal.

Love that picture on instagram! It's nice seeing the old cast together again.

• Members

Now i want Eric to comer back. but not the Eric of the later years. The Eric with the brain that was in the first several seasons. Occasionally you'd see that Eric in the later seasons but it got rarer and rarer. (Although i did love Dances With-Squarls)

• Members

LOL. I have to admit that was the first thing I looked for. I'm glad he cut his hair.

Nice to see original cast members popping in. Can't wait for the show, which feels so odd saying now about a Disney Channel show. I trust the creator though to make the show as close to the feel of the original as possible, despite it being on kiddie central Disney.

• Members

I was so skeeved out by how William Russ has looked in recent years. I always thought he looked great in the 90s and early 00s but that hair and the scruff in the last few years just skeeved me out. I did see him on NCIS not too long ago and he looked like a jabroni! Lol

I would love to see the show stick to its roots but I hope they don't use a laugh track. And Eric was such a doofus in the last few years that it became painful. I don't blame Alan and Amy for thinking he was a complete moron.

• Members

if that's true, then Will did a really good job living up to their standards. The whole last couple of seasons were so different. Cory also acted a little "out there" most of time. The only two who were normal were Shawn and Topanga.

• Members

And Topanga was the really weird one at first! The first couple seasons she was like a hippy. Cory was funny and sometimes normal but it was embarrassing watching him sometimes. I remember that episode where he apologized to his father by singing to him at Morgan's play or something. Boy Meets World, as much as I and pretty much everyone I know loved it, was too OTT at times. That's why I'm hoping there won't be a laugh track, but if it's on Disney channel, you never know.

It would also be nice if Lily Nicksay or Lindsay Ridgeway guest starred as Morgan sometime. I haven't heard anything so I don't know. I care more about the rest of the Matthews family than I do about Morgan but it would make sense to have Morgan appear too if the rest of the family is.

Archived