• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

Just stumbled on Freema on New Amsterdam, the NBC medical drama (where she has the most gorgeous braids and is paired with Daniel Dae Kim). It’s just so gratifying to see what an actress she’s become. She, Karen, and Billie were all great on DW, if a bit green to start, but they’ve become such seasoned and rich performers. Billie, of course, is so respected as a stage actress now.

• Members

I'm thrilled for all of them. And while Freema has worked very steadily in major projects since DW, I do admittedly want to have the kind of smash breakthrough Karen and Billie have had in their respective careers. I'll never quite get over how RTD did her dirty in Series 3 - I knew from the moment I saw her onscreen that she could've run on the show for years and years like Lis Sladen did as Sarah Jane in the 70s. She had that kick and she was committed. Russell tried to clean it up later, but still.

• Members

RTD did her SO dirty. I find it a huge blemish on his career, and I respect him a lot. While Martha got many opportunities to be a bad-ass, she essentially got sidelined in that season’s best episodes by two white chicks (Carey Mulligan and Jessica Hynes). Plus the Jones family were never developed in the same way Rose’s mother Jackie or Wilfred were. I was glad to see Adjoa Anjoh get *something* to work with on Bridgerton because RTD made Francine look like an idiot.

Gugu Mbatha-Raw’s career has been going gangbusters. I’d love to see her and Freema work together again.

• Members

I think RTD and co. were so hung up on the Rose hangover (and then enamored of getting Catherine Tate) that they couldn't see the long-term forest for the trees with Martha. They tried to fix it by offering her Torchwood regular status and setting it up at the end of S4, but by then Freema had L&O UK and was moving on.

I always loved the Jones family, especially Adjoa Anjoh who's finally getting a bigger profile now along with Gugu.

Edited by Vee

• Members

The treatment of Martha (going all the way up to her ending with Mickey, and that scene in season 4 where the Doctor berated her for working with UNIT) is one of many reasons I can't go back and watch RTD's run and haven't been able to stomach his work since. 

Anyway, did any of you see the new Ghostbusters teaser clip? I could swear they just decided to make their own version of the Adipose. 

Edited by DRW50

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...