Tyler

Girls names I like

Amy

Christina

Stephanie

Alison

Sarah

Elizabeth

I had two sons and named them Zachary and Kyle. If either of them had been a girl the name would have been Sarah Elizabeth.

I tend to hate odd names....like the whole celebrity child naming thing. Pilot Inspector, Blanket, Apple....those are really sad names to give children that you just know are gonna be teased unmercifully. The only actual regular (if you can call it that) name I really dislike is Sebastian. No offense to anyone here by that name. It gives me the heebie jeebies. laugh.png

• Members

LOL, and LOL to Sebastian giving the heebie jeebies. Forget the crab, I imagine a dark-haired self-centered bastard ("Sebastiard").

I admit, I do like all of those eighties primetime soap-type names for women. I also like certain men's names for women.

I've also found that men with last names like Love and McCool tend to be douches. And that's my sweeping generalization for the day.

• Members

I don't like when prefixes are added to standard names like Michael, Marco, and Marcus (which includes variations such as Marquis). If I had a name like that I would probably do the same as the character Nicole Beharie played in Sins of the Mother and drop the prefix (if I recall correctly her given name was LaShay but she went by Shay).

I don't like fruit names (Cherry, Peaches, Apple). With the exception of Rose, I generally don't like flowers (like on Keeping Up Appearances: Hyacinth though on the fence about Daisy and Violet).

Certain colors such as Blue (variations on Gray and Red are okay).

Inanimate objects such as Truck, Moon and brand names such as Mercedes. Names that could burden a child like Dweezil and rhyme time Zowie Bowie.

Certain cute spelling such as using double e in place of y as in Destinee. Or seemingly wrong spelling like Dwyane instead of Dwayne.

I also don't like when people change the pronunciation of common names to something not even closer to the actual spelling such as claiming Yvonne is pronounced the same way as Siobbhan.

Lastly, people shortening other people's names after asking the name, e.g., man says his name is Joseph and person asking says he'll just call him Joe. Why ask if you don't care?

Also, people who can't pronounce "foreign" names making their own names up like telling Kanaklada, I'll just call you Kay or Katy because your name is too hard to say. What's wrong with learning it?

Okay so some of these are pet peeves.

Archived