Y&R: Yet Another actress Is Fired

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is very exciting LOL. I will say, it sickens me how shocked people are about Rylan's exit. She's TERRIBLE! Also, it should be noted that the people Nelson Branco said would be going are the ones exiting. Going forward we need to expect Stephen Nichols and he mentioned them being unhappy with the younger set. Jessica Heap, Michael Grazeidai, Greg Rikaart, Liz Hendrickson & Jennifer Landon ALL need to be worried. All of them won't go, but I'd say at least two of them will probably be cut, maybe more.

• Members

Branco said Francis, Morgan, Nichols, Mitchell and Williams would be leaving. Mitchell is staying (on recurring) as far as we know and it seems Williams is staying if the Tyler thing is true. Branco didn't mention Marcy Rylan. I'd say Francis and Morgan were a lucky guess.

Eden needs to go and Kevin & Chloe can ride off into the sunset. Graz and Landon need to stay though. :(

• Members

I'm actually pretty shocked by this news, I liked Marcy even if she was too old for Abby.

If they hadn't gotten her back on GH I wonder if Kirsten Storms would have made a good Abby.

other than that i think they need to bring in someone younger if the role were to be recasted. Especially (and this is just wishful casting) If they brought back Brenda Epperson as Ashley.

• Members

Mitchell was put on recurring by MARIA ARENA BELL. There is no indication she'll be sticking around long term or have a major role. It's also possible her recurring status won't be honored with the new regime. The press just not picked up she's on recurring, but the credits have shown this for months. And Branco didn't mention Rylan by name, but he specifically said they were unhappy with the younger set, which she is a part of.

He was very spot on in this case and even said Sony was trying to throw MAB out months before it happened.

• Members

I'm going to guess that there will only be ONE firing that will get everybody stirred up. If that's the case then I can live with it. Look at Eileen Davidson, I can see how many were upset to see her go, but Ashley needed a rest. Let her take some time off and focus do something else. This has happened before in the past. I'm okay with it as long as they replace these people correctly. I think Y&R needs to fill the gaps (beefing up the black and younger scenes) and then focus on giving the smaller cast meaningful stories. Not a bad mandate so far.

Archived