Y&R: Another Actress Out?

Wendy

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh, honey, THANK YOU. I just ranted about Heinle on the Marcy Rylan thread.

No talent, no presence, she brings nothing to the table. Victoria Newman should be her breakout role, but it's like she's on Sominex in every single scene.

Heather Tom. Sarah Joy Brown. Heck, I'd even plump for eternal FOJ Robin Christopher. In my dreams? Alicia Coppola.

• Members

I'd cut Amelia Heinle in a second. I'd have done the same thing JFP did with Rylan. She's too old and while she can be fun, she usually just looks worn out to me. Trying too hard. Not a bad actress, but just seeming strained. I suppose she'd be a good Serena at GH but I'd be worried about the same problem.

If Brad Bell won't give up Heather Tom - and I'm sure he won't - then give the role of Victoria to Sarah Brown. If she'll work with Jill again.

• Members

My understanding is, she WOULD work with JFP again. After all, she came back to GH as Claudia Zacchara. JFP had to extend the olive branch and all, but it worked.

SJB left because Guza wrote Claudia so badly. Plus, she didn't want a long-term contract.

• Members

I think Sarah Brown's expiration date is past. Other than her breakout role as Carly and her Carly is the only one I ever loved, nothing has clicked. And she later admitted in an interview with Fairman, GH let her go in her last stint. As good as some people thought she was, I think the character was a fricking disaster for a number of reasons. And her role on Days recently, trying to play a softer strong business woman, was sominex worthy.

I think Megan Ward who played the first Kate Howard would be a perfect Victoria. She's beautiful, has a soft feminine persona, but can play t her bitchy ice queen with class well. They'd have to dump Bortoria because she'd eat Billy Miller alive.

• Members

Darnell's characters nephew is being cast. I actually thiink his character has worked, but then I think he's been brought onto canvas in a supporting role without any fanfare and he and Bergman actually click on screen. He doesn't really have much now outside of being Jacks physical therapist, but if they bring on a nephew it gives him a bit more to do and it helps expand his presence in a more organic way.

Archived