GH Promo "no one is safe"

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There's a new breed watching soaps, and the remaining hacks are all too happy to cater to them. It makes their job so much easier. They don't have to put thought into anything because there is an audience, unfortunately!

If you are not a rapist, Fron have no use for you. Their pre-occupation with rapist is some scary chit.

• Members

Adoration of the rapist is nothing new. Look how many Luke and Laura fans existed. Back when ABC's message board setup was different they used to allow the creation of sub-sections and there was a section dedicated to Luke and Laura. Those people would attack anyone who called Luke a rapist. Yet he raped Laura while she was married to Scotty. They whitewashed the whole thing until they admitted it was rape in Elizabeth's rape s/l where Lucky learned the truth and Laura was actually allowed to have a genuine reaction.

Maybe some people read those historical romance novels in which the victim ends up falling in love with her rapist because he's turned into some sort of hero. It's sick but they don't see it that way.

• Members

I read that when they had fan events back in the day, the women were breaking all sorts of laws to get to Geary, some of the them yelling "rape me Luke".

I was 12 or 13 when Luke raped Laura, so I readily admit, I thought it was a seduction. No one could tell me different at that time. You don't play "Rise" by Herb Alpert during a rape. Bad idea.

Archived