Match Game or Gong show revival

allmc2008

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

They've tried with Match Game and I think the problem is that we've passed the age of naughty double entendre on TV. Think Three's Company as well. I love Match Game though, and I think what might work is a late-night Match Game PM with a couple of Comedy Central-type comedians on the panel. Maybe they could go all "The Aristocrats" with some of their responses, I don't know. I'd hate to see the franchise totally disrespected with a bunch of raunch, but that's one idea.

Gong Show is great too though with Idol and America's Got Talent et cetera, I wonder. A half-hour syndicated Gong Show with all the "scraps" of folks who couldn't get on the big shows might be hilarious though.

IMO, you can't lose with Win, Lose or Draw.

• Members

The old Match Game was not ALL dirty. Some episodes had nothing but dirty questions some episodes did not have any. If they revived it I would like them to use the old formula where it was suggested and not apparently dirty. I manly like how everyone on old match game seemed so relaxed and natural yet so funny and obnoxious. The only person I did not like was Richard Dawson. Nobody really liked be Behind the Scenes and I think that is why they gave him Family Feud.

• Members

You can't do Match Game today because the stars of today are too self conscious to be so corny. Who is the modern equivalent of Charles Nelson Reilly? There just isn't any, same for Brett Somers, and the whole cast being so self-satisfied with their corny lame jokes. You just need that. And the game show hosts of today are sort of lame too and have no personality.

• Members

You think audiences would get bored if they did a What's My Line revival? I liked that one. So simple, yet it can be alot of fun.

The thing I liked about What's My Line is that the panelist members took it so seriously. It wasn't a bunch of slapstick drunkeness like Match Game (fun, though as it was. and that is certainly a funny gameshow even to this day). My favorite was that quirky-faced but oh-so-brilliant Dorothy Kilgallen. Reading about her mysterious death definitely makes ya wonder...

Archived