GH: Alternative

• Members

But that would mean having a woman stand up for herself and to her attacker -- which, as we all know, is a no-no in daytime television.

Plus, if RC were to write it, he'd have Alexis, another woman, badger the hell out of Kate on the witness stand until she confessed that she actually was Kate when Johnny raped her, and that she wanted it to happen because she loved him and wanted to hurt Sonny for not saving her when she was 17 and stuck in Bensonhurst. And if you think I'm not going to laugh when that [!@#$%^&*] hits the fan...!

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It wasn't even about Sonny/Johnny as Sonny has forgiven Johnny. Sonny is quite the !@#$%^&*] these days. His arch enemy is fessing up and Sonny does nothing. Real Sonny would have pulled out that beautiful magnum and bust several caps! He's shot people for less.

Carly back with Johnny is so far out of character it makes me weep. Funny thing is, I have not watched in about 3 weeks and I'm up to speed.

• Members

WTF is this show trying to sell me? Kate decided to change her entire life and become Kate Howard to run away from her rape? That is NOT why she reinvented herself. I hate that they had to tie rape into her backstory as this was not necessary at all

• Members

It's funny, I just read an article from 2010 by Sara Bibel (not a fave of mine, but) about how after the writing strike in 2008 she says GL, ATWT and AMC cut breakdown writers altogether. I'm not sure how long this lasted--I assumed AMC at least for its last years always listed a breakdwon writer, but she said it was a way for them to save huge money and marked the downturn in soap writing...

Archived