Soap Actors Who Appeared in Horror Films

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Camilla Carr, who had a thankless role as a meddling aunt on AW in 1979, was something of a muse for cult horror director SF Browning, with central roles in three of his 70's films - Don't Look in the Basement, Scum of the Earth, and Keep My Grave Open.

• Members

Barbara Steele, who would later appear on the primetime Dark Shadows, was in a slew of horror films throughout the 60's and 70's.

If we expand this to TV, Melissa Reeves was in a Hitchhiker episode about a family who were slaughtered by burglars.

Susan Sarandon was in Rocky Horror.

Ellen Burstyn was in The Exorcist.

• Members

Yep, she was Bobbie Jo in the second movie. I haven't actually seen it, but from what she's said--things don't turn out very well for her character sad.png .

I actually was looking through a bunch of old SODs the other day (I'm trying to get rid of them--I have WAY too much stuff!), and the Halloween issue from 2003 had a feature on soap actors in horror movies. So did the 2007 issue, actually, but I haven't found it yet.

• Members

Other soap actors who appeared on The Hitchhiker:

Audrey Landers, Shannon Tweed, Ricky Paull Goldin, Jennifer Cooke, Denise Galik, Jonelle Allen, Michael Woods, Tammy Lauren, Brian Kerwin, Patti D'Arbanville, Melody Anderson, Cynthia Preston, Bradley Cole.

Primetime soap actors - Robert Foxworth, Lisa Hartman, Kim Lankford.

• Members

Peter Haskell (Hollis Kirkland, Ryan's Hope and Lloyd Kendall, Search For Tomorrow) in 1990's Child's Play 2 & 1991's Child's Play 3

Andrew Robinson (Frank #2, Ryan's Hope) in 1991's Child's Play 3

Sarah Felder (Siobhan, Ryan's Hope) in 1981's Wolfen

Archived