Dayime Emmy's 2012 : Full Reels List

yrfan09

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Best Actress- Laura Wright has the weakest reel. Tom & Chappell's reels are good, but Debbi & Erika's scenes are just way better. It's hard to choose between them. I felt Debbi's reel was stronger at the end, at times I felt Darnell was stronger that Debbi in the scenes, but at the end when Angie visits the grave Debbi killed it. I'd give it to Debbi.

Supporting Actor: Matt Ashford has far and away the best reel. I'm sure JJ will win it for his crying though.

Younger Actress: Shelley has the strongest imo.

• Members

I disagree with all of the above. Going strictly off the reels Debbie is the clearest candidate to me. I also disagree about Ashford, he didn't do anything in that clip for the most part and it's entirely too long for such a meaningless build up. No pay off. JJ has that category bagged because he at least has highs and lows and variations to his performances. Lead Actor is a trainwreck, but Geary is the best out of what I have seen. Supporting Actress is probably between Egan and Hendrickson, basically it comes down to if the voters want cartoon hair acting (Egan) or lowkey, subdued and occassionally bitchy screechy acting. Egan has more supporters on her side probably though. That being said the category is so bankrupted that I don't think it's worth anything at this point. For Younger Actor I was most impressed with Duell, but again the category is weak as all hell. Younger Actress is a joke a complete worthless joke.

• Members

Eh I dont think a lot of these actors picked their best work

JJ was outacted by Geary in his reel and I know it wasn't as showy but I thought Geary was actually better in JJs submission than his own. Consequently I thought JJ was far better in the reel Becky submitted for herself. While I'm not a Becky fan, JJ has always done his better work with her and Genie Francis than anyone else IMO.

I thought Heather Toms was exceptional, better than I remembered but she's not a lead so she shouldn't win. Il have a soft spot for Debbie over Slezak who already has a ton of these and really Slezaks reel wasn't better. Plus it's time for a AA actress win.

Darnell Williams not because he was the best but because I felt more watching his reel than anyone else.

Supporting actress there is not standout nor is there for younger actor.

I'll always give the edge to Ashford. He's a very subtle and not showy, he doesn't scream or flap his arms around or cry but I thought the reel while not perfect showed a good balance and build to the end and I think he was smart to pick a reel with Diedre Hall. She was very clinical, cool yet empathetic. I don't think he'll win but he should. Kind of like Laura Wright winning over Zenk last year.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived