Beastie Boys Founding Member Adam ‘MCA’ Yauch, Dead at 47

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I heard about this yesterday. I didn't even know he was sick. I LOVE "Fight for Your Right" (although I know the band wound up hating it to the point that they wouldn't sing it live after about 1987), and have heard a few other songs by them as well (I LOVED them performing "Radio Radio" with Elvis Costello during SNL's 25th Anniversary special) , and would love to hear more of their songs now. RIP sad.png .

• Members

This bothers me more than Whitney for some reason. There is just something jarring about one day you are singing the biggest youth anthem of the 80s and suddenly you are a middle aged man dying of cancer. It is just a reminder he isn't the only one who is (was) getting old.

• Members

For some reason I feel sadder about this than I did when I first heard about it. Their music was in the background of my life for quite a while and yet I had forgotten about just how good it was. I can't imagine what he must have gone through writing that letter when he knew he was probably going to pass away soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived