GH: NuMorgan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Supposedly they were going to pair her with Sky, but she was fired, shortly followed by Clifton/Sky.

She was a black woman so she had no chance at ABC, but I still wonder might have been if they had not paired her with the awful Terrell Tilford.

• Members

What I've heard is that RC pushed to bring Rachel back to the show, and wanted to do much more with her than they did, including the Sky pairing. What he did do with her, in terms of the tired Evans brother triangle, ended up pretty lame. Her family/backstory stuff, tying into Sky and her mentor relationship with Cole, worked for me much more.

• Members

Rachel was a vital character and should have remained so for a long time. In the end I guess the only consolation was that she didn't murder anyone again (although there were about 12 people I wished she had murdered).

• Members

I think soaps need characters like that, though. Someone sensible, strong, a little dull at times, but complicated. I just adored Ellen Bethea's Rachel, and when they tried to make Rachel more exciting, with that whiny pill-popping brat, the character was ruined.

• Members
Maybe but not played by DD. Having seen her on Passions, I saw what she was capable of. Rachel was too low key role for her. She did the best with what she was given but I wanted more from her and the Rachel character wasnt where it was at. I rememebr around this time, some people suggested she be a Randi recast and I think she'd have better a better fit for that (most definetly better than Vasi). Feisty hooker from the streets with an edge...I could see her doing that and running with it.

• Members

I don't think Passions is a good barometer of what anyone is "capable of." I dreaded her arrival given the whole transgendered rapist serial killer storyline, but DD turned out to be a grounded, mature actress.

• Members

We saw so little of DD but what I saw I really liked - it annoyed me to no end that most of the new actors who could, you know, act, were dumped in 2009/early 2010.

Anyway, sorry for getting off-topic. Eddie Alderson for Best Younger Actor Emmy 2013, in a ceremony set in Carolyn Hinsey's living room.

Archived