GH: NuMorgan

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Man, I hope not. He sucks as bad as his sister. OL was my show (after AW was taken from me) but I do not want him around. I've actually been tuning into GH since OL left and not because of the OL vets either (O.K....maybe the couple eps of Blair). I couldn't care less about John/Starr/Todd.

I tuned in for Holly/Robert/Anna and am enjoying Heather being back! I will surely check out Felicia's return.

The show is hit-or-miss with me. I like Anna, Luke, Heather, Carly/Jonny and am interested in Maxie for Felicia's return.

Kate is annoying and so are Jason/Sam and Sonny.

• Members

That was my first thought too.....but....with Valentini thinking Kristen is the next coming of the Virgin Mary I wouldn't put it past him to add her brother on to keep the family happy. Plus, look at how much story Matthew had on OL (much to everyone's annoyance).

• Members

He was also destroyed as a character the year before that to prop Nate and the whole Clint-is-Asa fiasco.

I'd much rather see Eddie Alderson on this show than Det. Droopy Dawg or random shouting Howarth or the banshee Tea. I really doubt it will happen though, and even if it did, I would hate to see any actor stuck with Sonny/Carly stories.

• Members

Matthew's coma was about the only time Eddie didn't have story in quite some time.

From his paralysis to "romance" with Dani to his so-called dark side killing Eddie Ford to having a baby with Destiny. He was onscreen way more than I ever wanted to see. tongue.png But I can't say I can argue that I'd rather put up with him than John or Todd. I do like Florencia as an actress but Tea can be grating.

• Members

I think OLTL actually loved and valued Eddie. Part of it was they had to deal with Fronsian mandates - but at the same time, at RC's end, they also got easily distracted by shiny things.

It was widely reported that RC was gagging to do a major teen romance with Matthew and Danielle, which I think was on track to do quite well - the two had chemistry. But that, along with much of early 2010 story plans, was apparently scuttled by the network - everything to do with them, plus Schuyler Joplin, Rachel, Kish, etc. Then the show regrouped with a Frons-approved family: the Ford hunks, and then, I believe RC became enamored of the idea that he too could create a "Roger Howarth phenomenon" - with David Gregory as Robert Ford. So they had Danielle with a Frons-ready male, Lenny Platt (who supposedly was floated as a Matthew recast, which the show refused to do), and RC turned his fickle attentions to the canonization of Ford, and other things. And Matthew sort of just fell to the side.

It's not that they didn't care about Eddie - I think they did. I think they recognized his talent. But I also think that like so many other people they valued, from Eddie to Robin Strasser to Brian Kerwin, Daphnee Duplaix and Kassie DePaiva, they took them for granted. But no, I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him turn up playing Morgan. And I think he'd work.

Archived