March 12-16, 2012

Toups

• Members

Can ABC please pull The Revolution already? Another series low with only 1.3 million at least GH grew a million viewers off of that embarrassing lead-in getting 2.4 million on Thursday. I wish GH was airing at 2pm already.

DAYS had a pretty good finish to the week as its been a while since I've seen that show get over 2.5 million on a Thursday and a Friday.

B&B had a really good week and Y&R I don't even pay attention to until I see improvements and changes made to that show.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I have a feeling that the Cartini fans won't want to talk all that much about last week's ratings. On the other hand, if GH was only .2 ratings points higher, it would be spun as some major sort of triumph.

DOOL is certainly safe from cancellation so long as Cartini is in charge at GH.

• Members

I don't buy the wrong lead in cop out. The Revolution has been on for 2 1/2 months, GH 49 YEARS! People know GH exists and when it is on, so if they want to watch it, they will! A poor lead is the excuse you use for a new show like Katie Couric because there probably is no immediate need to see it, so you rely on an audience too "lazy" to change the channel! There is nothing to keep me from watching Person Of Interest or Grimm, and I have no idea what shows precede either. GH is simply NOT must see, and Cartooni's calculations about the OLTL characters were completely off. The GH audience wanted to see them write for GH, not use it's characters as supporting players for OLTL, the characters they really want to write for. Cartooni regressed the GH characters to repeat old stories to save their energy for OLTL. Besides Cartooni's Carly, Robert and Holly were the biggest travesties of all. Robin's empty funeral, and the circus that ensued? I have always hated Robin, but that was ridiculous!

Didn't think an EP would be worse than Phelps, but I was wrong. W/I. A year, this show has had 2 EP's and 3 HW's with each worse than the last. AMC went thru this right before the plug was pulled. I guess we, or those of you who watch regularly, should prepare yourselves.

ANDREA

• Members

My colleague who watch GH is the only offliner I know and she's not happy with the OLTL influx. She's enjoyed some moments. She mentioned a scene between Carly and Blair that she enjoyed and she's liking the John/Sam thing but that has a lot to do with the fact that she watched PC so it's a walk down memory lane for her. She's described KA as "horrid" and "unwatchable." But regardless of the OLTL stuff, she's livid at how Robin's death was handled and thinks that it showed that RC has no respect for the show.

However, she keeps telling me that she can't bring herself to stop watching. She plans to stick around til the end.

• Members

LOL!!!!

Well, GH is simply NOT OLTL and I won't tune in even with a couple of OLTL characters there. For the fans of GH, I hope the show survives, but I haven't watched any other daytime show since OLTL and I don't probably won't. I guess it's true what others have said, once the fans leave, they don't coming back. I regret arguing with some about it because IRONICALLY, I'm one of them. I really do miss all the OLTL banter, good and bad from this site.

Archived