Characters soaps seriously considered recasting at some point

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In the late 1990's, there was a SPW blind item that a West Coast executive producer was going to recast the show's matriarch because of weight gain, but ultimately decided against it. It was rumored to be B&B's Susan Flannery, who gained weight in the late 1990's.

• Members

Frankly, Kim Delaney, green as she was, would have been a tough act to follow. Moreover, I'm glad they decided to kill off Jenny if only because the purity of her romance with Greg was left intact. It's just a shame, though, they never found anything else for Laurence Lau to do.

I wouldn't have. Michael Zaslow was the perfect actor for that role.

You're kidding, right? :D

• Members

GL was going to recast Michelle Bauer in 2009, bringing her back on her own. Shortly after this, they were cancelled (don't mess with Manny!!!!!!!). As a result, they just brought NSA and PAS back for a few appearances over the show's last year.

• Members

When Joshua Morrow was renegotiating his contract in 2007 (this was when Nicholas was presumed dead in a plane crash), there were rumors that Y&R was going to recast Nicholas with Galen Gering (who had been spotted several times at CBS Television City).

In 1999 when Eric Braeden was renegotiating his contract, I remember reading in SOD that Y&R had Michael Nader in line as a potential Victor recast.

Also in 1999 Y&R had Carrie Genzel in line as a potential Victoria recast in case Heather Tom didn't re-sign.

• Members

Speaking of Dana

http://articles.latimes.com/2010/jul/16/home/la-hm-hotprop-dana-sparks-20100716

Actress and real estate agent Dana Sparks has listed her Lake Sherwood contemporary at $2,555,000.

The two-story house, built in 1960, has large windows taking in the lake, sunset and mountain views. Its 3,280 square feet of living space include a family room with a fireplace and bar, a den, four bedrooms and 3 1/2 bathrooms.

• Members

I don't know the veracity of this or the source, but someone in the TWoP SB thread says that the Dobsons once said they were going to bring Eden back sometime in '92, but then they were fired, Pam Long came in, and that was that.

Makes me wonder if it would have been MW or a recast. The other Capwell siblings were all recast. As foolish as it may have been, I do wonder if TPTB would have tried to do the same for Eden.

Frankly, if SB wanted Eileen Davidson so badly, her age was closer to Eden than Kelly. But I think she would have failed in that role, too.

Archived