Stories done to keep an actor from quitting a show

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Days: Not much related to this topic, but Ken Corday wanted Doug and Julie back during the Salem Stalker storyline and promised more story for them and agreed to return if neither of them were killed and he stated to them if they didn't return they would be recasted. Via their autobiography.

• Members

I know there were rumors that TB preferred working with Ted King, and MB got him fired out of jealousy.

I'm pretty sure there was a "no sex" clause in his contract when was back from 96-98. I think it was probably threefold:

1. To keep Todd from ever being a sex symbol given his history with rape (good move)

2. Todd's sense of betrayal after catching Blair with Patrick after coming home from Ireland (where he had been held hostage)

3. RH's (correct, IMO) assertion that Todd could never love anyone more than Blair, so Tea (or any other woman, for that matter) never stood a chance.

This lead to Todd throwing Tea out in the snow when he wouldn't have sex with her (begging is something Todd never liked in a woman--he told Blair to stop once in a scene because she was invincible).

I know, I saw it on FH's Intimate Portrait. I was just saying that I think TR's departure was sealed once Fin was fired the way she was.

• Members

I don't buy your rumors any more than you buy mine, so we'll have to say we each have our sources and leave it at that! For better or worse, David drove major story for over a year with the Dix romance/Libidozone, and VI received his only Lead Actor nomination to date for it. It was great, diverse, controversial material for a talented actor to play, but in the end I didn't like the story either, because by the end I didn't want to see David with either woman. It began very well with AN (when VI renewed) and crashed and burned with JP (which he couldn't have foreseen).

• Members

I've read their autobiography too and while they agreed to return if neither of them were killed, there was never any mention of them being threatened with recasting so I'm not buying this. I'll re-read the section but I'm pretty positive it said nothing of them being recast.

Care to scan the page?

Me three! I liked Thad & JT MUCH better than Michael & Daniel.

• Members

The only amusing thing about it is that we were supposed to be thrilled Thad was fired because now Victoria would be "saved" by Billy - two years later and fans have been treated to the same maudlin baby story, over and over, as Miller sprints out the door as often as possible.

Archived