What are the "Mary Sue/Gary Stu" characters of the soaps?

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

You are the one denying that Erica had any qualities of a Mary Sue. I never said that Babe didn't have those qualities. I said she was to inconsistently written to be a full one considering her constant even haphazard at times, changes in characterization.

• Members

I think the term Mary Sue has become overused to the point of almost being useless but Babe was the most propped characters on AMC during McTavish's era. McT so obviously adored her I almost expected her to show up at my house and beg me to love Babe. I don't know if she was a Mary Sue but it was really annoying.

• Members

This. I never got it. EHP was an actress devoid of any spark whatsoever. A complete void. Yet they always had her in the center of their storylines specifically towards the end of the show. They also had a poor habit of having every man she ever interacted with fall at her feet. Jamal, Jack, Rafe, Caleb, Joshua, Ricky, and more. It was just a conga line of men just waiting to do things for her because of her sweet as apple pie nature, even if she didn't say three words to them before. It never made a lick of sense. I also will never forget how they completely threw Livvie under the bus for her, when it was originally Alison who started all the supernatural garbage with those stupid candle's in the first place that turned Livvie bat crazy insane. Completely agree.

Archived