Lifetime: Devious Maids

Cheap21

• Members

ICAM! DH lost me after S1, and I could no longer stand the sight of it. I didn't even want to see a preview. I tried to return when Vanessa Williams was cast, but the show was just awful! I'm just hoping the industry has the good sense to leave Teri Hatcher a has been next time!

ANDREA

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Meanwhile, I am not surprised DM didn't get picked up & agree that Marc Cherry is a one-note, hack writer. Anyone who watched even one minute of "The Five Mrs. Buchanans" would agree.

• Members

Over on SOC, someone there was actually able to watch the pilot... she was on ABC's website a few weeks ago and a pop-up appeared asking her to watch a potential fall show and answer a survey about it, and it happened to be Devious Maids. She recently posted a synopsis of what she saw, and based on that, I'm really irked that I won't get to see it. Based on her writing, it sounds like all of the employers were massively selfish, self-centered, obnoxious, and generally crappy people.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So negotiations are still ongoing. Sounds like what's holding things back is money and cost-cutting to fit a cable budget. Doesn't this show have a pretty large cast?

I wonder if Susan Lucci has any reason to do with Lifetime's interest in the series? Although it does fit their new rebranding and could reach a Spanish audience, which networks are trying so desperately to get, especially how well Spanish language programming does compared to some network shows.

Archived