New Article on Marcy Walker Smith (ex-Liza, AMC/ex-Eden, SB/ex-Tangie, GL)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This is probably a really unpopular opinion, but when I read this stuff about Marcy Walker, it actually makes me sad. That her life was so empty she felt the need to join the cult of religion....and now she's just one more space cadet out there preaching about some imaginary sky fairy.

Life is so much more interesting and full of possibilities when you don't surrender yourself to that stuff. It supplants free thought, and frankly, makes you a dumber, duller person.

• Members

Thanks. I also hadn't heard that story before - it's uncanny, and is certainly a nice story. I'm glad Marcy and this woman became friends. I thought she was still in North Carolina and at first thought this was from Edmond Alberta and got very confused.

Too bad they aren't doing any Another Life-style soaps now, as Marcy would probably do a great job in one.

They should have said Bar Girls was a TV pilot, not a movie - I think a few of the pepole who read that and possibly see the movie Bar Girls will get a shock.

I see your point, but when we just read these basic outlines of a person's life, I just hope they are doing OK and wish them the best, unless they are going out spreading hate or being a big activist against others.

• Members

You aren't, I felt the same way after reading that. It's like you stopped being an actress in NY city to move to the middle of nowhere Oklahoma and become a kids pastor? blink.png She removed herself from so many possibilities and completely cut herself off from life to sit in a pew in North Carolina/Oklahoma. I've always felt that was a huge mistake for her to make and never really got where she was coming from. So many actors would have loved to be in her position at that time and she just threw it all away. My opinion is that religion is a form of personal subjugation. Basically a response of I can't deal with life's harsh conditions so I am going to surrender my sense of self to a book people wrote eons ago and in some way hope that it applies to my life now and make it better. I can never advocate something that limits a person as much as religion does. It actually kind of annoys me when it's such a huge part of a persons life where it completely takes over their identity and sense of self, but I just have to try to be more tolerant I suppose.

It is completely uncanny. I'm glad she is happy though, she sounds like she was very unfulfilled by the time 2005 came around.

• Members

Yeah, but there are tons of people who can't handle life's hard realities and deal with it in much more self destructive ways. I can't relate to people of faith at this point in my life, but I don't feel sorry for Marcy. She's chosen the life she wants as is her right. Plus, I don't see the Hollywood lifestyle as some great thing either. It works for some people, but I'm sure many others find it to be shallow and full of terrible pressures and stress.

• Members

The whole religion thing doesn't work for me,but I guess I have to support Marcy's choice-she certainly seems happy anfd fulfilled.

i wonder whether her failed marriages colored her view on life? I never really got the Walker/Warlock union and didn't she have another marriage or relationship that didn't work out?

• Members

"This is probably a really unpopular opinion, but when I read this stuff about Marcy Walker, it actually makes me sad. That her life was so empty she felt the need to join the cult of religion....and now she's just one more space cadet out there preaching about some imaginary sky fairy."

It's not, and it's one I agree with. On the other hand if religion has helped her find peace of mind, and she isn't preaching about gays going to Hell etc, I can't hold it against her. Maybe this is just a point of view I've taken being a big Donna Summer fan and dealing with the whole born again aspect of her post 1980 career, but I think in the case of Marcy I can live with it.

I agree, and disagree. It's not fair to expect someone to live a life others would dream of if they're not happy with it.

For a second I read your typo and thought she was living in my hometown of Edmonton, Alberta :D

• Members

She did- Stefan Collins I wanna say? He's the father of her son. I agree with you on Walker/Warlock- I never understood that marriage whatsoever. While I think she's actually younger than him, she seemed so mature for her age back then, while he looked like a little pipsqueak.

Archived