When Looks Matter

• Members

The most jarring was KMH as Emily...all the facial features and hair were different. I never really accepted her as Emily. Liz was a more grown up Blake.

It was Michael's lips...lol

Also Ann Hamilton...how can we forget...those lips too and facial features....Glyniss O'Connor as Margo....Heather Rattray as Lily...Susan Batten..as Connor..ugh

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ryan's Hope had so many recasts, but the one which may have been most jarring was when they recast Pat with John Blazo - dark hair, pale skin, a haunted look. I thought this worked fine, but then when they recast, for the second or third time, his love interest, they hired Nana Visitor...dark hair, pale skin, a haunted look. They looked so much like siblings that the characters even talked about this during a bed scene.

• Members

She was so short. Even her purse was bigger than her...lol....Scott Holmes looked like giant compared to her...lol

The recast of Linc didnt work for me until the end of his run. Lonnie was ok as Link...I didnt think he was the bad but he was a total opposite of what Marland had intended with Linc.

• Members

I thought the difference between Sherry and Liz was minimal. It was the first recast from Elizabeth Dennehy to Sherry Stringfield that was a complete 180. I thought it was a good turnaround, as Dennehy was too hard and completely unconvincing as a child of Roger and Holly.

KMH's recast never worked for me either. Though I think that had more to do with the difference in acting styles than just pure looks.

The O'Connor recast never worked for me 'cause she looked like a little bird flitting around town. Not that HBS or ED were cows, just that they had a solid presence onscreen. They looked like they could be cops. O'Connor's gun looked bigger than her. It was the same type of thing with the switch from Meg Ryan to Lindsay Frost as Betsy. Ryan had an impish, petite delicateness. Frost looked like an Amazon warrior in comparison. It probably shouldn't matter, but it did.

• Members

I'll start my comment with Connor (ATWT). Oh, my gosh, WHY? WHY? I remember my mother being devastated with the switch. I was shocked by the MS to KMH switch, but I really grew to like her. It helped that both were stunning in their own ways and you could believe how the Stenbeck men (and others) would be captivated by them.

• Members

Surprised no one mentioned this one yet: From Lane Davies to Terry Lester as Mason Capwell. Mason went from brown hair and brown eyes to blonde hair and blue eyes. Did the casting director forget that Sophia was not his biological mother? (And as an aside, it nullified Mason's old line to Julia: Brown eyes are dominant, aren't we lucky? tongue.png Kidding. Kind of.)

I think Gordon Thomson, going by recasts, fit the character better, at least in terms of appearance. Mason was meant to have dark hair and dark eyes, as befitting the "black sheep" of the Capwell family.

• Members

I think hers was a "cuter" Dixie. As you said, she was a more believable bumpkin whereas Cady seemed more like a well-educated actress who was for lack of a better phrase dumbing herself down a bit to play the role. I hate how that sounds but that's the best way I can think to describe it at the moment. Not that Kari was dumb.

Kind of like Fletcher calling Marj Dusay's Alex "blondie". tongue.png

Archived