GH: Yet Another Vet Returns!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I didn't believe he'd come back for that, since most of his last few years in Llanview were about tragedy and the basic extent of his relationship with Asa was pulling cons on him. I also didn't believe that he suddenly wanted to be with Blair. It seemed like a waste of time.

• Members

<p>

</p>

<p>Unpopular perhaps, but I understand the sentiment. I've seen for ages how fans complained that Bobbie and Monica were hardly being used while Tracy was only there because of Luke. But one can't overlook the fact that of the three women, Tracy is the only one who can still emote with her face and carry a scene. I'm looking forward to this return simply because Bobbie has always been my favourite character - but I agree that she is hard to look at now. I also feel sorry for her knowing part of the problem is a surgery that didn't go as was expected. I so wish aging actors didn't feel the pressure to go there, because the reality is they end their own careers. At the end of the day those with wrinkles are getting the roles.</p>

<div id="myEventWatcherDiv" style="display:none;"> </div>

• Members

Don't forget the ghosts! (Gabrielle, Megan, and Luna) Of course, Gabrielle's could have been MUCH better for me, and y'all know I pretty much worship at the altar of Gabrielle Medina Holden Holden Buchanan wink.png .

In my head, I saw the Blair thing as his way of going back to someone familiar, as his true loves--Gabrielle and Luna--were gone forever, and Tina was MIA at the time, so it was a desperate attempt to hang on to a part of his past. I kind of want to write a fanfic of him about his life in Argentina--happy to have raised his other two kids, but always broken over Al's death and how he never reunited with Gabrielle (hence why he moved back to her home country), which led him to a few difficult years in the dating scene down there, as he was still trying to deal with his grief.

Then, shortly after the funeral, he finds out Gabrielle is alive, and she forever holds the fact that he hit on Blair at the funeral over his head--in a loving way, of course tongue.png . Then, hints are dropped that Al might be alive, too.

See, Soapboy? Two can play at the favorite character story games! laugh.png

• Members

Thanks for reminding me.

I didn't see any real purpose in those returns, although I appreciated seeing Megan/Viki one last time and I thought Luna filled her role effectively, with Susan Batten giving a spirited performance.

It was great to see Gabrielle but I didn't quite understand what she was doing. I can't help wondering if there WERE plans to bring back JdP which just fell through.

But at least their return didn't amount to going to the toilet.

• Members

Exactly. I STILL think they should have had Max come back to visit Cord and Tina, perhaps after their wedding, and then see Luna and Gabrielle's ghosts (separately, of course).

Or even have him see Luna's ghost, who drops him hints someone he loves is alive--and in comes Gabrielle.

I promise, someday I'll just start an M&G fanfic page and let the stories out of my head for all of you to see smile.png .

• Members

Why thank you Baby Boy. One doesn't prelude the other, but that doesn't mean it isn't noticable… sadly. And definitely ditto on the excitement. I want some interactions amoung all the Spencermaines…. immediate and extended.

Archived