One Life To Live- FINALE- Friday 1/13/2012

• Replies 637
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Susan's Blog

January 13, 2012

One Life To Live is airing its final show today. It's a sad day indeed.

I want to bid a very fond and heartfelt farewell to all my friends at OLTL. I know I join your millions of fans in missing you on screen already and for myself personally, I am so very sorry to see yet one more very important part of the daytime community cease production. It's impossible to imagine a daytime lineup without the presence of the miraculous Agnes Nixon.

I also want to congratulate this remarkable cast on all your accomplishments. You have entertained the audience so well for so long and I hope at this sad time that you all take a moment to rejoice in that. On a personal note, I do hope our paths cross again real soon.

With much love and admiration, Susan...

http://susanlucci.com/cgi-bin/p/awtp-custom.cgi?d=susanlucci.com&page=19069

• Members

Last exit to Llanview: Michael Malone looks back at his work on ONE LIFE TO LIVE

“I’ll always say the fiction of Llanview lasted longer than Shakespeare’s Globe. These were very long-lived shows—30 years, 40 years, GUIDING LIGHT was 70 years. That’s a lot of stability in a very fast-moving medium like television. And it taught other parts of television how to make serials.”

“It’s not that (audiences) don’t want story, it’s just that they have so many more ways to get it,” Malone says.

Columbus Dispatch: As ‘One Life To Live’ becomes latest soap to die, fans lament decline of daytime TV dramas

“Doing daytime television was a great training ground and a way for actors to survive financially,” said Kevin McClatchy, an actor who appeared on ONE LIFE TO LIVE and two other soaps in the 1990s. Living in Columbus while he works toward a master’s degree from Ohio State University, the Philadelphia native said he laments the demise of soaps.

Gina Tognoni, Sean Ringgold toast the end of ABC’s ONE LIFE TO LIVE

“We will definitely be with friends and raise our glasses and send it good vibes,” Tognoni says of the 2 p.m. telecast. “I’m sure I’ll get a little misty-eyed.”

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2012/01/one-life-to-live-news-roundup.html

Archived