Movies that made you cry

EricaKane70

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

American Beauty - I actually cried during the scene where Ricky is showing his video of the most beautiful thing he ever got on camera... a bag being blown around in the wind. Don't even ask me why! LoL The whole movie just touches me, though. I always get teary.

Kill Bill Volume 2 - At the end of the movie, Beatrix (Uma Thurman) finally kills Bill. As he sit there, accepting his fate, the two share a loving exchange. "How do I look?" he asked her. "Ready," she replied, with tears in her eyes. He stood up, took a few steps forward, and dropped to the ground. Through all of the hatred, they loved one another. And that was the end of her journey. I was a mess! God, I loved that movie.

Monster's Ball - There's a scene where Halle Berry's character breaks down on her couch in front of Billy Bob Thornton's character about the recent death of her son. She's exhausted, furious, confused -- and desperate for a release. Halle's performance was absolutely heartbreaking!

Titanic - Some people think that the saddest part is the very end, when she lets go of Jack and he sinks down into the ocean. To me, that's not the saddest part. I always cry during the scene when Jack forces Rose to get on a lifeboat. She lifeboat starts to go down... further... and further... and they lock eyes, not looking away from one another. Not knowing if they'd ever see one another again. Absolutely heartbreaking! And even worse was when viewers learned that Jack really had no intention or chance of catching a lifeboat of his own. Apparently, Rose knew that too, because she jumped off the lifeboat at the last minute and back onto the ship. Great scene!

Scrooged - Fabulous Christmas movie from quite a few years ago with Bill Murray as the lead. It's the classic story of a scrooge being visited by the spirits of Christmas past, present and future. I get teary-eyed during the scene where the Bill Murray's character goes back into his past and sees his mother -- who is now dead. He sees her, and "Niagara Falls." The tears start to flow for him. For me, too! I also love the end when Bill Murray's character finally comes to his senses and decides to life his life differently. On live television, he leads everyone he's mistreated into a chorus of "Put A Little Love In Your Heart" and sends out a message to his lifelong sweetheart, telling her that he wants to give their relationship another shot. It's just so heartfelt! And pretty much EVERY Christmas movie makes me cry, no matter what kind it is, simply because I adore the holiday so much. I cry watching "A Christmas Story!"

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I forgot about "It's A Wonderful Life." Such a touching, sweet movie. It always reminds me that no matter how tough things can get, no matter how much you want to give up and never see daylight again, there is always goodness and happiness somewhere -- you just have to look to find it.

The end of the movie, when he's running through the town shouting Merry Christmas to everone... oh my God! Tears flow, LoL

• Members

OMGosh, I'm such a movie fanatic. Over the years so many movies have made me cry. But #1 has to be Imitation of Life. Annie's funeral just blows me away every time I watch it. I'm getting chills just typing about it. Apparently, the scene was so difficult for Lana Turner that she had to be sedated after filming, I think this was just after her daughter, Cheryl Crane, killed Turner's gangster boyfriend, Johnny Stampado IRL. And the wonderful Mahalia Jackson singing Troubles of the World, wow. As a little girl I fell drop dead in love with the ever so handsome John Gavin. Also loved Susan Kohner as Sarah Jane, the small cameo of Troy Donahue as her tough guy boyfriend who beats and dumps her after he finds out Sarah Jane has a black mother. Sandra Dee just beautiful and delightful as she always was. But my all time fave movie actress is Turner, who is amazing in the film.

Archived