OLTL: New HW Rumor

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

LB sucked during her ATWT stint and will suck ass in Llanview. AMC seems to be the only soap she understands. She has a bad habit of filling up the canvus with new players no one cares about. People love her too damn much!

RC and Co have made OLTL (somewhat) of a winner. He should be with the show till the TV finale.

• Members

Yeah Broderick hasn't had much success at other soaps (though she was part of the writing team of GL in the early 90s which people seemed to have loved).

Saving ATWT--RC will be with OLTL through to the end of the tv run for sure--remember the writing will be done by around the end of October.

To be fair Broderick was a weird fit at OLTL that year--I'd love to know who wrote what, but Whitesell is a VERY campy, plot driven writer, and Gary Tomlin is very campy too. Maybe Shapiro placed her there to balance them out? But yeah...

I still hope she stays at AMC-- What I don't get is AMC hasn't had big rating increase, or even all that much huge praise from the usual "big name" bloggers under Broderick this time. And apparently she's still on contract at ABC the way Ron is--and if FV is still at OLTL it just all seems a bizarre choice. Though much preferable to Passanante :P

• Members

I think Lorraine Broderick is a mixed bag as a writer, mostly because she relies too much on puppetmasters and on umbrella stories that don't need to take up so much of the canvas, but I put more blame on FMB than on Broderick for any ATWT flaws at that time. FMB was just the wrong producer for that show, she made a lot of key mistakes from the start (over a year before Broderick was hired).

One thing about Lorraine Broderick is that her writing has heart, and that's something I haven't seen on OLTL in quite a while. But then, I didn't really see that much of it when she was at OLTL, so I don't know.

• Members

Broderick as a writer does write with heart and soul and its probably why she worked so well on AMC. I can't imagine her writing for todays OLTL or really any of the other soaps anymore. I wonder what she could actually do with shows like Y&R or GH. Probably nothing to be honest. And she probably doesn't fit Y&R. Her firing from Days within a month after being hired still boggles my mind. And I can't see Agnes writing AMC.

AS for David Hayward, they would probably morph Todd into more of a controlling douche than he is

• Members

People think RC walks on water. Personally I don't get it.

On a side note as far as the "bloggers" not praising AMC these last few weeks, since most of them wanted AMC cancelled and thought it was drivel, so not shocked that they would continue praising the hackness of RC. AMC really has only been good the past 2 weeks in all fairness. That Project whatever was sheer crap.

• Members

It's mostly VI who makes David what he is - the character himself, in recent years, is probably not far off from the generic puppetmasters Lorraine wrote at ATWT (Reid, Alec).

I wouldn't mind seeing Lorraine at Y&R, just to try. She can at least write a plot, most of the time. But I have mixed views on her. I never believed she was the savior of AMC and McTavish was the devil, or that the show was perfect when she wrote and awful when she left. Yet I do think she understands AMC and probably the basic tenets of daytime drama and decent storytelling.

• Members

I'll always be grateful to her for this, and for David/Angie. Those two are [!@#$%^&*] hot. And so are David/Cara. It's deep stuff, as much as I have mocked his ridiculous character these last five years. I used to love David back in the day, then I grew to just roll my eyes at him. But this has been great.

Archived