What Are You Reading?

JackPeyton

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Just started Game Change about the 2008 election. I also have a bit read in There Goes My Everything, which deals with white reaction during the Civil Rights era.

Last week, I finished ESPN: Those Guys Have All the Fun, which is pretty good, even with an overall lack of funny material, and The Devil's Rooming House (about Amy Archer, who inspired Arsenic and Old Lace), which goes down in the top five worst-written books I've ever read. Editors should be fired for this seeing print.

• Members

I have a love/hate for Atwood--I seem to either hate or love her books. My great aunt was an author (only somewhat known in Canada), whow as good friends with Margaret and I saw her (not met) at a party as a teen. She's one WEIRD (albeit brilliant) woman--comes off very cold though.

I really liked Hunger Games--and I tend not to be, like most of my friends, into YA fiction whatsoever (particularly Twilight which I found unreadable). I haven't ahd a chance to read the two following books yet, waiting for a friend to finish, and it's a ERY quick read with some cliches, but I found it very effective. So yeah, I'd recommend it.

• Members

This is what I read over the summer (plus Hunger Games and some light crap books and non fiction :P) Now I'm back to work and school I prob won't be able to read anything that's not for my Lit classes till break.

Otherwise since starting grad studies I've mainly read what they told me to, but in the Summer I read, and loved:

LT-hi-res1-400x600.jpg

mansworld.jpg

ADWD.jpg

image002841.jpg

51egL5UXO9L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

All very good to amazing.

Archived