GH: Classic Thread

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

So, Felicia was gone that summer, but came back and was jealous of Mac/Dara's friendship then it goes into the tale of 2 Macs story.

I can't find anything online about the doll story, but I absolutely know what you are talking about.  I thought it was a bit later than this time period.  I can't be sure though.  I wish I could remember the details because it was a weird story that just never had any conclusion.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Yes.  

So I dug deeper and @DRW50 was right.  Felicia leaves in May of 97 and there is talk about Felicia and the sacred items in the burial ground Maxie finds in Texas around August 1997 when KW returns.  FYI, Tom and Felicia are still together at this point and he dumps her via a letter from Africa, so that mystery is solved. Maxie ends up bringing one of the dolls back home with her from Texas.  Sonny and Brenda's non-wedding sort of takes over and there is more talk of the doll in October.  A man named Lonnie is suddenly intent on finding this special doll.  Lonnie basically stalks Felicia for a week or so then just confronts her and Mac saying the doll was made by his late wife and he wanted it back.  They agreed to give it back.  He saw Maxie really liked it and let her keep it.  THE END.  In my mind there was a much more spooky and creepy gothic feel to it, but I am not getting that vibe from the recaps.  The next week the tale of 2 Macs begin, so I can imagine they had no idea what to do with the doll story if the 2 Macs story won out between the two lol.

Anyway, Dara/Mac were a little flirty, but nothing special.  He commiserates with her about Felicia and Mac takes Dara to Sonny/Brenda's non-wedding which causes Felicia to be jealous but it amounts to nothing.

Obviously, that just what I found from recaps which could be a little off, but I think that's basically the gist of things happening for Felicia in the summer of 1997.

Edited by carolineg

• Members
Posted (edited)

I vaguely remember it too, but for some reason I thought the doll's eyes glowed or something more supernatural or sinister.   I might be conflating with something that happened on Days during that peak JER era in 1997 though.

I found pretty much the exact dates, so I might take a look a see what I can find, but that period of GH is really hard for me to get through because of the Brenda/Sonny story.  Maybe if there are Mac/Felicia edits only lol.

Edited by carolineg

• Members

You could be right. 1997 DAYS was JER climaxing all of his stories on his way out the door, making it Must See TV. I even skipped classes during that period lol. 

It definitely blurred into the tale of Two Macs. But I remembered the guy appearing and wanting the doll and explaining his story. 

• Members

I think with Lucy/Felicia circa 1995/1996, the actors probably saw playing their scenes that way as just being funny, some subtle humor that they got away with. Today, that could actually be a very interesting story, to see Lucy and Felicia develop feelings for each other and try to pursue them. That would definitely stir things up among all the vets!

• Members
Posted (edited)

The abrupt ending of the Aztec doll storyline, the beginning of the 2 Macs, and somewhere around those few weeks is also when Alexis gets her family history lesson from Luke, and Brenda begins her early signs of depression/instability. This was when Guza was on his way back and the show didn’t officially credit him until his “relaunch” week. But he was back in the building, and the writing was moving towards setting up his plans.

The exact same thing happened during his first tenure- he overlapped with Labine and was not credited as HW even though he was there setting his plans in motion with the other writers.

I have been watching a Jason Morgan year 1 playlist, and there are so many details I forgot due to how Jason was by his total story domination in the 2000’s

It’s easy to forget the family controlling him was not the only reason he leaves the Q’s. It’s also because of the pain everyone is going through, including him, not getting past the old Jason. He has this conversation with Robin and AJ several times. Jason Morgan is impulsive and at times insensitive due to his injuries. He also has a lot of joy in his new life, that is totally gone once he settles into Stone Cold after returning to the show in the 2000’s.

I also forgot how long his no strings sexual relationship lasted with Carly and how that impacted on Carly fully going after Tony because she wanted someone to care about her and look at her like Jason looked at Robin.

Ned trying to one up Edward with Jason’s stock, and Jason selling them to Sonny to protect him legally with a shell company was even more entertaining on rewatch than it was when I saw it the first time. And all that is before Tracy walks in the door. The show never should had destroyed the Q family.

Edited by titan1978