GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I think you could have still had Adrienne Barbeau.  She would have just been one of the good guys and in danger because she was a mother type figure to Brenda so crazy Veronica was jealous and had to get rid of her.

I really didn't think much of Hetrick one way or the other.  She was okay, if not the best actress, but I didn't think she was the problem.  A bigger name should have been Brenda's mother though.  JH made no impact on me whether it was the pace, the acting, or the fact she never bonded with Brenda.  I guess that says it all.  I just have my doubts anyone could have made it work.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I don't think you bring a name star like Adrienne Barbeau in not to play a meaty role like the tragic black widow of sorts. But I think the way it was actually done onscreen in the Balkan saga was very silly. I'll stand on my island as the person who thought Hetrick was fine!

• Members

If you really wanted to keep AB you could have just made her Brenda's mother instead.  She needed extensive plastic surgery after the crash or something.  She could still be married to the Balkan and they were scaring Brenda to make her more reliant on AB's character so when the truth came out she already needed AB too much to be mad.  The Balkan then took it too far and wanted to actually kill Brenda because she was taking up too much of his wife's time and she was becoming obsessed.  All of this would have been a mystery to the viewers until Suzanne actually killed the Balkan.  You cut out Dante, the mobster son and baby.   I am no writer, but I think you could have easily weaved a believable plot together with Suzanne actually being the presumed dead Veronica.

• Members

That would have been interesting!

Nothing to worry about, if it’s in this thread I will get to it!

I am also not religious, but I enjoy moments like this on soaps. Plus even as a kid I loved Dr Hardy. Thank you for posting it!

Its interesting to think of the through line with the show- thanks to all the returns during the last decade, there are several cast members who shared scenes with both Dr Hardy and Jessie Brewer. The connection all the way to the beginning is still there.