GH: Classic Thread

• Members

Re: AJ and the money-Damian had evidence that Alan killed Ray Conway and was holding it over Alan's head.   AJ decides to hire a professional to steal the evidence from Damian and takes the money from the hotel account to pay the guy.  Alan and Monica find out and give the money to AJ to bail him out, but don't tell Ned/Edward why AJ took it in the first place.  It was more evidence that AJ was a screw up for them, but AJ was actually trying to do something helpful. 

• Replies 6.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Yep, I eventually figured it out as I continued watching (now up to late July 1994). Currently, Ned has done the bigamy, Lois has moved into the gatehouse, and Katherine into the Q mansion. Katherine has already warned Lois to stay away from her man, with Lois not knowing WTF she was on about.

I’m assuming we’re not far off from Katherine’s infamous birthday now…

• Members

Now up to October 1994 - the infamous birthday has come and gone, L&B have made up, but Ned is still trying to win her back. Katherine has tumbled down the stairs and is in a coma.

and OMFG how f***in dysfunctional are the Qs?!

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by OzFrog

• Members

Have they made it to Puerto Rico yet?  Even with Ned/Lois being the B or C story there, I find a lot of their story very charming during that time. I loved the story, but Katherine/Ned never seem anything but very random as a couple.  Neither here nor there but when watching the PR trip back it's hilarious how heavy-handed GH is about being on location.  It's beautifully shot, but the show does not want you to forget they spent a ton of money on a location shoot.  There are actual scenes of Maurice just walking in grass back and forth from the hotel that are like 2 min long.  I think we are supposed to know Sonny is thinking about how dumb and nosy his girlfriend is, but it's a long time to watch one actor walk.

• Members

Yep, up to January 1995 - Puerto Rico looked amazing. On a tangential note, one of the big features of this Ned/Lois playlist is all the bloody clips of Ricky Martin and his Miguel performances (we see a bit of the Miguel and Lily relationship as well).

• Members

I mean, I wish Lily/Miguel were more exciting and that Juan just didn't follow the nature vs. nurture as far as charisma either, but I thought Miguel's actual performance was decent.  I wouldn't have predicted Ricky Martin as a Global Superstar, but here we are.  I objectively don't think Miguel/Lily are that bad they were just overshadowed by supercouple awesomeness.  They clutter up the overall PR vibe, but Lily specifically starts moving the story.

• Members

It’s scenes like these which make me yearn for the days of old. Just pure character interaction - no plot device, no contrivance, just watching people naturally interact with each other.

And that last scene between Edward and Carmine… perfection!

Some more observations from this whole storyline…

• I

Please register in order to view this content

Lila! She truly was such a rock for the Qs
  • This was also the first time I had watched Jason as a Q, and I’m actually impressed. He had the moral compass of the family - it’s fascinating to think about what might have happened if Jason Morgan had regained his Q memory…

• Members

I love reading Michele Val Jean’s comments and memories from working on Labine’s writing team. She was incredibly collaborative and really knew how to fine tune things. The scenes are also loooonnnngggg during Labine’s run. They really help to build character and give everyone a piece of the pie. To this day no piece of media has broken me as much as Stone’s storyline.

• Members

This is fantastic.

"AJ! I don't think that boy has ever seen black people up too close!"

"I mean come on, those people don't even have black servants in the house!"

"That Reggie wore himself out trying to hide all the little lawn jockeys before we got there! I can see it now 'Oh, Master Quartermaine, how shall we hide all the little colored men on the lawn?'"

• Members

I remember reading Michele Val Jean’s interview about writing those scenes. Not that there’s any one authentic Black experience, but this felt very true to how my own family members would talk. I’m impressed that ABC allowed those scenes to air. The Wards were special.