GH: Classic Thread

• Members

I got the impression when Brenda returned that Guza had clearly decided it was Sonny/Carly as the long term goal.  Now admittedly they did not have Vanessa on a long contract.  But the writing felt skewed to me.  And the baby stuff with Sam- I have read it was going to bring Jason and Brenda together as an actual couple.

Also- not to let him off the hook for his writing errors, but didn’t Guza take an extended leave of absence around the time the show fell apart?  He was still in the credits, but not at the show.  I think his child died.

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

They had wanted Vanessa to stay. They wouldn't give her the time off she wanted with her kid. The clear intent was to put her with Jason and keep S&C cemented.

A few years later, with Tamara gone, I think Guza was over S&C - hence moving LW's Carly to Jax, which worked for the character under her IMO - and then increasingly over Sonny himself. Until the Dante saga, and Vanessa's return.

• Members

I believe you are right about the Sonny/Carly being a long term thing.  The writing was very skewed toward Brenda/Jax, but it made sense in how we last saw Brenda.  She was over Sonny and in love with Jax.   I think Jason/Brenda would have been fine for a short/medium length of time.  Tbh, if Guza decided Jax/Brenda were endgame I could buy it because enough work had been done to make me believe it back then(no longer the case now, obviously-Ingo aside)

I just don't think Sonny/Brenda would ever be off the table either.

No idea about Guza being off the show.  It does look like one of his children did die around that time.

I don't disagree with anything you said, but, again, I think Guza did have an actual long term plan for Brenda/Sonny regardless of how long it played out.  I think "baby Lila" would have lived if Brenda and Sonny were the kids parents and Jason/Brenda would have had their run.   Idk, it's hard to speculate because that's literally nothing like how it turned out, but I just see almost every writer on GH since going toward S/B as endgame eventually.  I still see them being endgame when this show wraps though.

• Members

I do, too.  Even if it's just for one scene - Sonny gets into a car, and guess who's in the seat next to his? - I don't see Sonny leaving PC, or GH leaving the airwaves, without that final button on the Sonny/Brenda saga.

IIRC, didn't Guza and Pratt have a major falling-out that led directly to the latter leaving GH?

Edited by Khan

• Members

Obviously, same.  Sonny seems to be just running in circles with Carly and has been for so long it feels like they are just filling time with him.  At the end of the day, you just have to think Sonny will just end up with Brenda.  Nothing on the show actually indicates that at this point and I am aware of reality, but it just seems like the best and easiest ending for Sonny as a character.  You really don't even have to do much work except to get Vanessa to show up and read a few lines lol.

Didn't Guza and Pratt have a falling out over Courtney or Courtney/Jason?  Lol, what a hill to die on Pratt...

• Members

OMG, was it really over Kung Fu Barbie?  Of all the shitty things to break up a partnership over, lol!

IA about Sonny/Carly.  They've been going in circles for the longest time.  As a matter of fact, given everything the two (and viewers) have been through over the years, I think Carly has overreacted to Sonny hooking up with Nina.  She's acting as if her entire world has been destroyed when she should be like, "Is it Tuesday again already?".

Edited by Khan

• Members

I don't know if I am being accurate about that, but for some reason I think Pratt/Frons were fans, but Guza was not and didn't want all that marriage pregnancy crap for his beloved Jason.   

Seriously, Carly should just be glad Nina's past her child bearing years.  Because this is the same story told multiple times.  I am not saying any of Sonny/Carly's pairings aren't toxic, but, Carly girl, you been down this road before lol.  Half the time Carly/Sonny don't even seem like they are physically attracted to one another.  Love, Devotion, Loyalty, etc. I get.  They have that, but they don't seem to even want to be together in a sexual way lol. Which is fine by me, but not exactly what a supercouple is built on.

• Members

I've watched some of it. The lowdown from the SOD write-up is harrowing. I am glad he seems to be getting well and is being very honest about what has been out there in the rumor mill for several years now. I'd welcome him back if it was ever healthy for him to return to GH - Coloma is a serviceable replacement, but he can't measure up.

• Members

And then there was three.

Because if GH was cancelled tomorrow with six months to wrap up, I do fully expect Sonny to run off with Brenda with six months to wrap up Sonny's issues to make such an ending possible. Heck, I would probably be annoyed otherwise.

Have they announced if they are doing anything special this year? I am behind. 

• Members

It seems like he still has a lot to deal with, so a soap probably wouldn't be great for him at the moment, but in the future.  He looks good.  I will always have a special place in my heart for TC's brooding teen Nik.  On some soap board I heard his ex-wife was very wealthy, so I am not sure he needs to work depending on the settlement or if he got any money.

I have never warmed to Coloma either.  He's fine, but I wouldn't miss him.

Great minds lol.  

I am watching GH now and haven't seen anything special.

• Members

I think he started strong but now often seems listless. He can't or won't always keep with some of the powerhouses he works with. He's fine I guess, but yes, if it ever became viable with Tyler's wellbeing, I'd welcome him. The whole reason they paired Ava and Nikolas to begin with is because TC and Maura had chemistry, and the pairing began there before his exit.