Classic GH Thread

Max

• Members
10 hours ago, will81 said:

In the 1975 B&W kinescope floating about she tells Cam or Joel about this. It is her birthday episode I think. She doesn't go into detail from what I remember but tells him she doesn't care if they have children as she lost two babies before

I wonder if even Denise Alexander remembers Lesley's lost son.

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

I wonder if even Denise Alexander remembers Lesley's lost son.

I guess it is likely 1975 was probably the last time it was mentioned. I assume once Laura came on all talk of another child probably went out the door. Some actors have great memories for their character's past though, even minor forgotten details, so possibly. I guess if she carried that with her character for years it may have burned in her memory. 

ETA: This has been kicking in my memory for a while and related to Denise, just a bit of fun trivia. I had a 1972 issue of Daytime TV that I have since lost, but it listed in error Denise Alexander as star of General Hospital, haha. It is almost like it was destined to happen. I wish I still had it. I remember having to double check to make sure. 

Edited by will81

• Members
5 hours ago, will81 said:

I guess it is likely 1975 was probably the last time it was mentioned. I assume once Laura came on all talk of another child probably went out the door.

Gail Baldwin brought up Lesley's other lost child in a conversation she and Lesley had when Pat Falken Smith was writing GH; circa 1980. After that, as far as I know, nothing. So...after 41 years of going unmentioned, Denise Alexander might be the only one left who remembers the child ever existed.

• Members
9 hours ago, amybrickwallace said:

I really hope someone asks Denise Alexander if she remembers Lesley's baby son. 

The question would have to be posed to Alexander by someone from SON. Most of the people working in today's soap press are way too young, or way too ignorant of history, to ask such a question, sad to say.

I can hear it now: Alan Locher, "Denise Alexander started on GH in the 1970s and her character had another lost child? WOW, that's CRAZY!"

• Members
On 9/17/2018 at 3:06 PM, j swift said:

@Khan or , (in a modern interpretation of the 70's drama) Jeff Webber used her for sex when Anne wouldn't engage in premarital intercourse.  Then, when she found out that she was pregnant, he refused to commit to her, alienated her at work, and turned the whole town against her, so that he still seemed good guy.  Then, when she tried to give the baby up for adoption, it winds up with a couple down the street from her.  Then, even her own mother turned against her.  Then, she was framed for murder and drank LSD tea.  

Heather wasn't born evil or insane, it was a necessary adaptation to a crazy time and place.

Hi i am new to this board and most definitely happy to have found it. I love old school #GH!. I know that this is an old post but this person is so wrong about Heather. Heather had an unhappy home life. She set out to seduce Peter Taylor, but then set her sites on Jeff Webber. Heather exposed Monica’s affair with Rick so that she could get her claws in Jeff. She got pregnant ON PURPOSE to trap Jeff, and then when he didn’t want to marry her, she came up with the scheme to claim that the baby had died, but she in fact sold him!

• Members
3 hours ago, Hunnibunni1025004 said:

Hi i am new to this board and most definitely happy to have found it. I love old school #GH!. I know that this is an old post but this person is so wrong about Heather.

Welcome

While I appreciate your grasp on the history of GH, my point may have been lost over time.  I was suggesting that if the same story was told today we might have more empathy for Heather.  After all, it takes two to tango, so it is difficult to "trap" someone into pregnancy when everyone is responsible for their own birth control.  Jeff was a doctor, and son of the chief of staff at the hospital, who after being sexually rejected sought comfort in the bed of a younger woman.  He then used his status to persuade everyone that Heather had nefarious motives and his indiscretions were never questioned.  Meanwhile, Jeff had romances with patients, nurses and other doctors that would seem unprofessional at the very least.  He then left town as soon as Heather found out she was pregnant with very few options but to sell her baby, only to return with a new face and a new virginal girlfriend to help solidify his reputation.  It was enough to drive a girl insane, with or without LSD laced tea.

In summary, I was trying to say that hindsight gives us new perspectives on old stories.

Edited by j swift

• Members
2 hours ago, j swift said:

Welcome

While I appreciate your grasp on the history of GH, my point may have been lost over time.  I was suggesting that if the same story was told today we might have more empathy for Heather.  After all, it takes two to tango, so it is difficult to "trap" someone into pregnancy when everyone is responsible for their own birth control.  Jeff was a doctor, and son of the chief of staff at the hospital, who after being sexually rejected sought comfort in the bed of a younger woman.  He then used his status to persuade everyone that Heather had nefarious motives and his indiscretions were never questioned.  Meanwhile, Jeff had romances with patients, nurses and other doctors that would seem unprofessional at the very least.  He then left town as soon as Heather found out she was pregnant with very few options but to sell her baby, only to return with a new face and a new virginal girlfriend to help solidify his reputation.  It was enough to drive a girl insane, with or without LSD laced tea.

In summary, I was trying to say that hindsight gives us new perspectives on old stories.

I had my moments of sympathy towards Heather # 2, but she was by no means innocent. She sought Jeff out, not the other way around. I really felt bad for her once they were married and she ended up having a miscarriage, hence her need to get Steven Lars back from Diana, by driving her insane! Jeff was no saint, but neither was Heather by far. 

Heather created her own animosity towards herself. She was rude, mean and looked down on people, especially her cousin, Susan Moore.

• Members
On 3/27/2021 at 10:50 AM, titan1978 said:

And when Denise wanted the same things, in her case an extended vacation before signing her new deal and to hold onto her contract clause that they could not work her over her guarantee more than a handful of times a year, they decided to kill Lesley off.  And although I liked Rick, I would much rather have had Lesley remain in the show.

She probably would have still been there for longer than he was anyway, as she was a stronger character!

I agree 1000%!!!

• 2 weeks later...