What Kind of Car Do You Drive?

Mr. Vixen

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Aw thanks :)

Hey on the Bobbie love- when I was a kid in the 90s, Bobbie, Lucy, Felicia and Tiffany were where it was at lol (we just got GH again in Australia like a year ago and I don't even know who half those people are on there now; one day I watched and the only people I recognized were Alexis and Tracy). In the days before there was YouTube, if we were living somewhere that didn't have GH, I would have to call my aunt in NYC and get her to tell me what had been happening and get her to save the "important episodes" and send them to me to watch LOL

• Members

That's so funny. I agree, those were the best characters in the 90s. Bobbie has always been one of my favorite characters of all time, if not my my number 1. I miss all of those characters. I know what you mean. Back in the day, before there was TiVO I always either called a friend or taped it. Soaps used to be so big. We never missed an episode of GH!

• Members

Yup, later on between 2008-2009 GM sold a sporty version of the Commodore here as the Pontiac G8. Sweet car (you could get it with Corvette Engine in it), but bad timing, for as the hit the market just before GM was forced to close Pontiac due to the bankruptcy.

So, I'd actually say since Camry is Front-drive and the Commodore rear-drive, it is more like the Dodge Charger, just not quite as big.

• Members

I drive a 2010 Buick Lucerne. (Sadly, 2011 is the last year for the Lucerne. I like full-sized cars, but the mid-sized LaCrosse will be the largest car in Buick's lineup.)

By the way, how does one post an image? I would like to post a picture of a Lucerne.

• Members

Nothing anymore. :( I sold my car to pay for my year in England. But that car, gah I loved her. She was a black, 1992 Jetta. She was so ghetto, had a hand crank sunroof and only had automatic doors. LOL Gah, I miss her.

• Members

220px-2011_Buick_Lucerne_CX_--_NHTSA.jpg

The Lucerne is a head turner, especially the CXS or "Super" models. Unfortunately, GM is retiring the platform it's based on. Actually, it is a decades-old platform now - they just did a wonderful job keeping it updated.

I love the new Buicks, however.... apparently, lots of peope do. GM's plan to rejuvenate the brand is working - their sales have consistently skyrocketed over the past two years. If I were to replace my car (which I won't for a long while, since it was like 33K on it), I would consider the Regal... Interestingly enough, the car that is now the new Regal was previously slated to replace mine.

My mom considered the Lucerne, but thought it was too big. She liked the LaCrosse (previous generation). She's had it a few years now, and still loves it. One thing about Buicks, they don't have many problems.

• Members

I'm glad you recognzied that! You never know if people are aware of the "Opel origins" of GM's global cars, like yours... I discovered them because, when I was last in the market for a new car, I found out the entire make of my car (before its "retirement") had basically become a North American version of Opel. My Aura is based on the last-generation Opel Vectra. It's an extended version of the platform, and the styling from the front is borrowed. The rear-end, on the other hand, is like a mid-size redux of the previous-generation Astra's. Powertrain isn't Opel-derived, though (they almost never are)... It uses the 3.6L V6 from the Cadillac CTS.

Turning to Opel seems to have been, overall, a very successful move for GM.

Archived