The Plan to Save GH!

• Members

thats an insult to Dillon bc Spinelli is no Dillon. Both were on the show at the same time and I never felt that Spinelli was a Dillon clone. As for men in that age bracket, well Matt should have left ages ago. Ditto on Spinelli. After them, the only ones in their early to mid 20s is Ethan and Dante

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't consider the characters interchangable I think the show did and it played into their decision to not keep SC when his contract ended. Dillon was a tad quirky. Spinelli should never have been kept long term

But you now have Matt, Johnny, Dante, Ethan, Spinellii balanced by Lulu and MAxie

IA Matt is a waste and Spin could easily go along with Johnny. bring on Dillon

• Members

It won't "save" GH, but if Wolf does really want to honor the past, or whatever, then I hope he can work on getting Rachel Ames and Denise Alexander on in a recurring capacity, if they are willing. I would especially like to see Lesley/Lucky scenes, because she was not there for most of his formative years, which means she was never a part of the sheer hell that he and Luke both remember so bitterly. She would be a talk-to for him and be a way out of the endless weepy shouty self-loathing morass that is any scene with Lucky and Lulu/Luke.

It would be nice to see Audrey every once in a while with Liz, or around the hospital volunteering, or even use her to bring in some Hardys.

If they aren't going to do that, then they could recast Jeff, or, geez, they could even bring on the long gone Terri Webber.

• Members

I thought Rachel Ames retired but it would be nice to see her even for a few cameos. Denise absolutely. She might even make Lulu and Lucky watchable and likable.

There are a ton of rumors that Stuart Damon is returning. I know back from the dead stories are passé, but the destruction of the Q's is the single biggest catastrophe on GH and any crazy back from the dead story that could get Alan and even one or two more back I am all for, but especially Alan, He was as much of a tent pole character on this show as Laura was.

• Members

They really should think about trying to get Lesley and Audrey back. Didn't Rachel Ames return briefly a year or two ago? Then she vanished again, right?

However, we know Monica is returning and there's lots of rumors about both Bobbie and Alan returning. So it's a step in the right direction. I don't see any of them leading story but there is no reason they can't be given meaty supporting material. I mean, the stupidest part of GH is the fact that Bobbie's daughter, Carly, chews up so much airtime, so where is her mother? Lucky and Lulu dominate tons of airtime but where is their grandmother, who was such a fixture on the show for so long? And you have Jason doing his heavy-breathing day in and day out and he just lost a son. Where is Monica? And Alan? And Liz has had TONS of story over the years (some of it really bad) where is Audrey, the one vet from the beginning? Guza was a dumbass.

• Members

Carl, be careful what you wish for LOL. You just know that JFP is itching to cast Kale Browne.

Honestly, I think the other returns are a lot of hot air...just rumors to generate interest in the show to lure back lapsed viewers. I don't see them actually bringing back Alan or Bobbie.

• Members

I do, actually. Monica could have just as easily been ignored and not brought back. And Garin "loves" Carly so hopefully he uses her connection to Bobbie.

Wasn't it stated Garin was basically given free reign to do what he wants (either to satisfy the fans when it's cancelled or an attempt to draw back old viewers)?

• Members

IA. One of my fave parts about Emily's cancer story was the fact Monica was part of it and was able to share her experience. Same with Jason's memory loss story in 2005

where Monica and Alan while not greatly involved, had a part in that and were able to contribute and share their experience with that also.

As much as I detest the character of Carly, the fact that her mother has not been part of her granddaughters birth,her recent cancer scare, her grandson's being shot is a travesty. Even if GH brings these characters on once in a while to support and add value to story, its better than the past 4-5 years of nothing.

Archived