Rep. Anthony Weiner Admits Tweeting Lewd Photo

Max

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

For real. I love seeing all the people saying, "ZOMG! Sexting!" Like the sheer act is perverted. Sorry but that just what some people do. How is it any different than looking at glamour shots or centerfolds? The only thing that makes this skeevy is the fact that he's married and frankly that's his wife's problem. Spare me the pearl clutching.

• Members

The only things I had a problems is the way he choose to answer the press questions last week. The non-denial denial, the "I can't say for sure if those pictures are of me" was just mind-boggling. You either tell the truth in the first, learn how to lie correctly or don't bother answering the questions since you sex life is nobody business except your wife.

Nothing shock me when it come to politician. Politicians imo are all liars whether male or female, democrats or republicans.

When did the media become so interested in the private sex life of politicians?

• Members

I don't understand why this matters. It's his politics that matter, not his taking a picture of his penis. I don't give a crap if he's Republican, Democrat, or Alien for Mars, if he can effectively do his job...he show his penis around, so long as he's not committing any crimes or breaking any laws.

• Members

Miche, you hit the nail right on the head: had Weiner told the truth from the beginning (and not violated the public trust)--or had he been a better liar--he would not be in the s#itstorm that he is in now. Even many partisan Democrats thought that Weiner did a terribly inept job last week when it came to handling this scandal.

I think that a real turning point occurred in 1987, when Gary Hart (who was the then front-runner for the 1988 Democratic Presidential Nomination) was forced to withdrawl his candidacy as a result of an extra-marital affair. Previously, Hart denied rumors of this affair, and then (foolishly) dared the media to follow him around, telling them that they would be bored. Well, the media ended up catching Hart red-handed, and this incident only emboldened others in the media to see which politican they could take down next.

• Members

I felt most compassion for that guy who ran to South America to be with that woman. He obviously loved her and not his wife, and his party had nothing to do with anything.

If you ask someone "did you cheat on your wife?" well, of course he is going to lie to and well he should. It's not our business and you had no business asking, and Breitbart's taking this matter public out of party zealotry and spite to me speaks more to his character than Weiner sexting some women does about his.

The difference is really simply. If you want to go into a men's room and pick up guys, more power to you. Just don't be voting against gay rights tomorrow. That's the republican gimmick plain and simple. If you want to be shocked and aghast and seek to crucify a guy because he was cheating on his wife with an intern, at least be honest in your indignation and not dumping your wife on her deathbed so you can take up with your girlfriend.

I don't see why Weiner's career should suffer. He wants to be mayor. The fact that he is well endowed, proud of it, and likes to chat up girls doesn't mean he is not qualified to be mayor. It does mean he should not be sponsoring legislation making sexting illegal, and if he does so then he should be run out of office. If his wife is ok with him, that's good enough for me. As it is, in this ridiculous atmosphere, he is probably through.

Republicans are not terrible human beings because they commit adultery. Republicans are terrible human beings because as they are committing adultery they are babbling on about the ten commandments, jesus, family values, and seeking to deny legal family status to others all in the name of protecting marriage--marriage they gleefully and frequently destroy in secret when no one is watching.

• Members

I think Nancy Pelosi asking the house ethics committee for an investigations might put pressure on him to resign. And two women said he called them from his congressional phones. Supposedly that is a big deal.

I don't think this is the end of his political career, if Arnold Schwarzenegger can become the governor of California (I never understood that), he can become the mayor of New York. Newt Gingrich survive his sex scandal.

• Members

Now see Mark Sanford is the one I really grew to hate. Not because he cheated but because he used state money to leave the country and lied about where he was. To me THAT was a complete and utter betrayal of the "public trust." How does the governor of a state leave not only the state but the country and not tell anybody where you are? And use taxpayer dollars to pay for the trip?! I don't care if you're feeding orphans or swimming with the dolphins, you don't do go AWOL like that. He not only should've resigned, he should've been arrested and horsewhipped.

• Members

How did he do it? He was in love!

All that needed to happen in that case was the state should have asked him to reinmburse any money he spent and given him a pass. I really cut that guy slack because he didn't do anything sleazy and clearly if he was moved enough to run away, there was something serious going on with this woman and his marriage.

Archived