Once Upon A Time: Discussion Thread

• Members

I do think the ins and outs of Storybrook is more interesting. I wish they would save the back story for something that is important, like Snow choosing light over dark, (in contrast to Regina) and this week, Regina's back story on how she became the Evil Queen. As I said, I wish they would give Mayor Regina some layers. I feel that a woman who has lived 28 years on our world, who had to raise a kid without any magic, who at least had to give the facade of going to work to keep the town going, has to be humanized somehow.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I can't buy Regina as someone with layers or emotional depth. The woman murdered her own father to get revenge and Emma only stayed in Storybrook because she knew that Regina lied about loving Henry. If Regina cannot love the boy, she raised from a baby, she cannot love anyone or have any real compassion for another human being any more.

• Members

I disagree I think she loves him, or thinks that she does, or tries to. Look the kid is a brat and she doesnt even ground him half the time.

I think Rumple has done far worse things, murdered people right and left (turned Gepeto's parents into freakin' puppets...ugggh) kidnaps children, was going to take dump Cinderella's baby, murdered her fairy godmother, yet he does have layers (sorta maybe???)

I think that they both chose their "heart of darkness," and life in their "real world," is their only salvation for redemption.

Plus, did you see that rack she was sporting this week in Wonderland???

• Members

Did you watch Sunday? Regina about broke my heart when Mad Hatter(blanking on his SB name) was saying she can't leave them there, she stopped for a minute and LP about killed me in that scene, you can see the regret & heartbreak on her(EQ's) face for a brief second.

Tis when I knew that I couldn't hate EQ but love to hate her

• Members

Parrilla is great! I don't know if the writers give her that motivation but she always manages to give the EQ a different emotional twist so you can't help but root for her redemption. I liked the chemistry with her and the Hatter actor and the way things were written out but it almost seemes as if they were friends in the past...( I wouldnt say lovers as we know the EQ doesnt take kindly to break ups) she treated almost like a little brother.

Cant wait to see next Sunday....MM "I don't deserve this," Regina (taking on EQ's voice) "Oh you most certainly do!!!!"

The show rocks when its Emma vs. Regina, and to a lesser extent MM vs. Regina. Interesting that the may push of this show is not romantic relationships, but the relationships between the powerful (even if two dont know how powerful they are) smart women and their interactions. The men are kind of just there.

• Members

Really good episode. Well, there are some layers for Regina. Daniel was hottie. I had a moment of sympathy for woman that Regina could have become without her mother's interference.

The little girl who played young Snow looked so much like Ginnifer Goodwin it was distracting. Great casting.

I am convinced that Gold is behind Kathryn's reappearance. I don't care what he says to Regina. He will thwart her evil plans every way that he can and I suspect that ultimately, he is out to destroy her happy ending.

TPTB cannot have it too ways. If Emma can tell when people are telling the truth, she cannot be so easily deceived by Sidney and Regina all the time.

So who is August? He is very well informed. The previews made me think that is Rumpelstiltskin's son, but I have seen speculation that he is Pinocchio. Kudos to TPTB for building the mystery of his identity. I am intrigued.

• Members

Since the Queen is my favorite character, I wanted her her to rip her mother's heart out instead of blaming a little girl who was being manipulated, DNA on Katherine's heart as wrong...lol Of course the flowers were bugged, of course Emma gets angry and throws them revealing the bug inside! Sometimes things in Storybrooke are just to predicable. We have a a few weeks for the next episode! UGH!

mm7x8p.jpg

• Members

I think we will indeed see her rip Cora's heart out..she has to gain her power somehow. What we saw was how Regina found her "dark heart," not how she embraced it. Cora got her to open the door. Interesting that Cora made a deal with Rumple. He sure is a player and is he ultimately responsible for creating Regina. Not her father, but was the deal that Cora made to get out of poverty a deal that Regina woudl indeed come to the dark side and be his pawn in this weird game he is playing?

Emma needs to stop playing the game Regina's way. Regina is too good at it. My partner, who thinks the show is stupid, never watched it walked in and said, "She always looses to the other one, will she ever learn." LOL.

• Members

The Mad Hatter episode was very creepy! Loved it though - one of the best episodes.

I'm still loving this show - the only complaint I have is there are too many characters introduced, and then we never see them again. Cinderella and her husband have only been on twice... etc

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Tonight's show frustrated the hell out of me. Emma's petulance at August and determination not to at least be open to the possibility just made me roll my eyes. So we are in for years of this to delay her taking action to save the fairytale creatures? If that is the case, I don't have that kind of patience.

• Members

Well, I don't think we are going to wait that long. Henry (who bugs the crap out of me, if Regina is so evil why doesnt she smack the kid around a bit??) takes matters into his own hands to convince her, by doing something drastic and stupid that only a TV character would do. Could set up an interesting dynamic for Emma and Regina and we could finally find out if Regina actually loves the pissant.

Archived