The Edge of Night Youtube channel !!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Damn, I adore Edge. It's up there among my top faves of all time. Was watching the Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 1979 episodes on youtube last week. The episodes are just so brilliantly, painstakingly crafted, they really are a thing of beauty. Every character and scene had a purpose. The only writer credited besides Slesar was Steve Lehrman, who would later write for RH in its final days. There's a ton to be said for having a single vision rather than writing by committee.

• Members

It seems like every discussion of Edge always involves shows AFTER the time period I watched. As a kid, my Mom always had the show on, and I vividly remember characters like Bill and Martha Marceau, Mike and Nancy Karr, Cookie Capice, Dr. Jim Fields, Orrin Hillyer, etc. The Whitneys had just arrived on the scene, at least Geraldine, Colin and Keith. The storyline which totally captivated me was the Stephanie Martin murder. Stephanie was one of the great soap nutcase/villains. Everyone in town had a reason to kill her, but Nicole Travis was arrested for her murder. This was the beginning of the Nicole/Adam relationship. I wonder if any clips of this era exists?

Archived