The Edge of Night Youtube channel !!

• Members

Damn, I adore Edge. It's up there among my top faves of all time. Was watching the Christmas Eve & Christmas Day 1979 episodes on youtube last week. The episodes are just so brilliantly, painstakingly crafted, they really are a thing of beauty. Every character and scene had a purpose. The only writer credited besides Slesar was Steve Lehrman, who would later write for RH in its final days. There's a ton to be said for having a single vision rather than writing by committee.

• Members

It seems like every discussion of Edge always involves shows AFTER the time period I watched. As a kid, my Mom always had the show on, and I vividly remember characters like Bill and Martha Marceau, Mike and Nancy Karr, Cookie Capice, Dr. Jim Fields, Orrin Hillyer, etc. The Whitneys had just arrived on the scene, at least Geraldine, Colin and Keith. The storyline which totally captivated me was the Stephanie Martin murder. Stephanie was one of the great soap nutcase/villains. Everyone in town had a reason to kill her, but Nicole Travis was arrested for her murder. This was the beginning of the Nicole/Adam relationship. I wonder if any clips of this era exists?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Recent Posts

• The Lily reveal is what everyone brings up, but I thought her romance with Kirk was better. Their breakup broke my heart.  "Damn you---damn you for making me want and hope for things I could never, ever have with a man like you..." I constantly complain about the writing for Iva in the ATWT thread, but never, ever about Lisa's performance. She never phoned her scenes in. 
    • So we've all seen the famous lab fight between Lauren and Sheila, but I don't think we've seen any of the aftermath till now!    
    • The sad irony of Tick Tick Boom is that it was patterned after Jonathan Larson's one man show about his real life anxiety about not being able to make a career as a theater composer and running out of time (hence the title) It debuted on Broadway posthumously.
    • It was Craig. It took place in the barn at the Snyder farm, the episode before she took the backbreaking fall. Craig was breaking up with her because he wanted to reunite with Sierra and Iva knows that this is what's happening and she knows he wants to let her down easy, so in the process although her heart is breaking, she tries to help smooth the way for him to end the relationship. No screaming and shouting, which is the usual Emmy bait but she did great work and it was memorable. I don't remember which scene she submitted for her Emmy reel for the '88 Daytime Emmy awards, do you remember?  It was a shame that Ellie and Kirk ended it getting married because Iva and Kirk were a much more entertaining and dynamic fit. I thought each was the others' best pairing on the show but I don't know if one particular scene stood out for the Emmys, it was more about the banter they had and the obvious chemistry that Brown and Tom Wiggins had. It's just one of those quirks of the Daytime Emmys that Brown was never nominated for her work on Guiding Light despite how incredibly popular her character obviously was.   My main point is that I don't think that her best work from ATWT is even on YouTube.
    • I didn't like the album either.  I only liked three songs: Easy on Me, Can I Get It, Oh My God.   She said this in the interview with Vogue: And she still takes measures to avoid ramping up her fame. She avoided writing a certain kind of song for the next album, for instance. “There isn’t a bombastic ‘Hello,’ ” she tells me at one point. “But I don’t want another song like that. That song catapulted me in fame to another level that I don’t want to happen again. I’m not saying I’ve got ‘Hello’s in my pocket. I was just conscious that I didn’t want my story on this album to sound like that.”   I love songs like: Someone Like You, Rolling in The Deep, Set Fire to The Rain, Turning Tables, Hello, Water Under The Bridge, Send My Love (To Your New Lover), When We Were Young. Those songs had very good melodies and production - they are tier 1 and tier 2 songs for me.   The three songs that I liked on this new album are not tier 1 or tier 2 songs.   
  • On Soap Opera Network

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy