Which soap plots do you miss, most?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:lol:

When I first found this out I was floored because the "offending" brother was GENUINELY an angel who had to have been tormented by this. I run my mouth way too much on message boards and I've wondered if anyone I know also frequents the boards I do and "sees themselves". :lol: And without going into further detail the thing is these stories seep out and you get strong reations and lifelong grudges from people who get wind of the situation. Then you have a story that's not about just four people.

• Members

*church fan* Yes, lawd. Me and you were meant to be the next generation of Agnes and Irna.

Not only is there drama with my dad's paternity, but HE himself managed to keep a paternity secret for over 20 years.

I could go on and on and on. I have a huge family, everything's jacked up, and I love it. That might be the one soap storyline I miss more than any other, even though I've never really seen one, and that's the "long-held family secret." Nothing better than adults harassing old people, looking for their birth parents.

• Members

Yes you do! See I LOVE stuff like this because truth is so often stranger and more riveting than fiction (reality programming -_- ). But what I really mean is that there are SO MANY interesting stories to be borrowed straight from life that have yet to get told. The story I shared is from my dad's side but my mom grew up in a small community and was always dropping little bombs like that when giving me history lessons. What I always found so curious was that a lot of these people seemed content to go for the rest of their lives not getting the real deal. I wonder how many people back in the day died without knowing who they really were. Damn...

• Members

The only personal family drama I have to offer at the moment is the mystery surrounding the baby in the suitcase. Apparently, my biological maternal grandmother, a bootlegger who had 19 children (that we know of) and ran a juke joint across the railroad tracks from the church, had one child to die. The child was buried in a suitcase, in a grave marked only with a stone. Although the "official" explanation is that the child smothered to death, there's long been whispers that she might have been murdered by a family friend who was a known pedophile.

• Members

Well then you must have been like me, then. Any time she just casually lets something slip out, I'm waving WTF hands, my mind completely blown. "Wait, she was married to him!?" "So wait, so-and-so is her daddy?" I love it. I absolutely love it. Rich with layers and emotion and drama and everything you could ever want in domestic soap opera. This is why every time I read "We ran out of stories to tell," I just want to punch someone. No! You! Haven't!!

Alice Walker needs to get her ass to work on making a soap based on The Color Purple.

Archived