The Beyoncé Thread

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

It seems like Kelis’ true beef is with the Neptunes over song credits. If she did indeed get screwed out of song credits, as she contends, she needs to pursue that legally. Her stated contention with Beyoncé is what she perceived as the disrespect between two Black women in the music industry because according to her, Beyoncé didn’t even give her a “heads up” that the song was being released, although she did admit to being sensitive.

Let’s not pretend that Beyoncé has never been sued though. Des’ree successfully sued and got an entire album pulled so that Des’ree’s song could be taken off the album before Beyoncé’s album was re-released. Also, speaking of Lemonade, didn’t a visual artist have lawyers issue Beyoncé and her record company a “cease and desist” order because the video used artwork without the artist’s permission? Beyoncé has interpolated other artist’s work, it’s just that very few have done anything about it, probably many have considered it flattering.

I did like the concept of Lemonade and I found it amusing how uncomfortable some people were with the album.

Admittedly, I do prefer Solange’s work, as an artist, I like when artists take risks and draw on traditions to create something completely different.

• Members

This is my favorite Beyonce album. Like every song on first listen, i wanted to sit with it for awhile to see if it was a faze, but i love each song even more, now. 

I love how how she's using her voice on this album. Love the production. Love the sequencing. Love the messages of the songs, etc. I just love how good i feel listening to the records, she really was having fun recording this, you can feel it!

The Standout tracks to me: Alien Superstar. Cuff It. Plastic off the sofa. Virgo's Groove. Heated. America has a problem. Summer renaissance.

That remix was dope.

• Members

Looking at your standouts makes me think I need more listens.

Please register in order to view this content

jk. That's to the credit of the album that my favorites (outside of HEATED which I still feels perfect for the jewel in my crown) keep changing with each listen.

OMG!!! I love the remix and the callouts. Toni even got a shout out and I LOOOOOOOOOOOVVE me sum Toni Braxton.