OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

The Teen Jess stuff was played off for jokes and a laugh as was the recent 2011 edition of Tess but I dont think that was the case with the 2008. They wrote that story dark and made her almost sadistic. I never got the impression that she was intended to be there for jokes. She was treated like a villian

Its sad that ever single year except 2007 they had her deal with her multiple personalities

2005 - Tess

2006 - Tess

2008 - Tess, Bess

2009 - Tess, Bess

2010 - Teen Jess

2011 - Tess, Bess, Wes

Edited by Cheap21

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The silent scenes where Viki loaded Dorian into the trunk of her car, secured the scene, and drove away to the cabin were so haunting and great. Of course that wasn't really Viki but Jean, but we didn't know that yet. The show was SO good then.

• Members

I think most of her last stuff involved her nephew Jason and his relationships with Dorian, Marty, and Lee Ann. She still ran the diner at this point. VickRobCal has a lot of clips featuring her, including the one where she shares her plans to leave town. This was '93.

Edited by SFK

• Members

Anyone rememeber how Natalie and Roxy became close? When Roxy came on, Natalie hated her and for good reason. She was emotional and mentally abusive to her as a child, would spend all her money on booze and gambling and was a downright nasty to mother to her. Roxy was quite mean and terrible to her when they reunited in Llanview as she couldnt stand her either. Today though Roxy loves her like a mother and Natalie genuinely cares for her and accepts her in her life. What caused the change? Is there any clip of Roxy apologizing to her and Nat forgiving her? I cant even remember when they started to become friendly but I sure as heck know thats not how it used to be

it dwindled. She kinda seemed out of place towards the end to me as the show was shifting in another direction and the Woleks were no longer a presence in Llanview.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

I've mostly only watched that time with clips, not full episodes. In the clips I'd say Wanda still fit in, as Marilyn Chris had a great presence and Wanda's Place was a regular spot for most of the characters. There are scenes towards the end like her dealing with Dorian when Dorian comes in, etc. She did have a few minor stories, most of which don't seem to be available (like her being ripped off by one of her boyfriends, or the brief return of Anthony Ponzini, or her relationship with Gilbert).

• Members

What i didn't like was how Carlotta first started out like Wanda as the working class woman who ran the diner. Then all of a sudden they glamorized her. She was still running the diner but her hair was more styled and she wore more stylish clothes. I mean she ran a diner in east Llanview, it's not like won the lottery or whatever. At least Wanda prettty much stayed in normal clothes unless she was going to a wedding or a Buchanan event. It would have been nice to see her at the end but i don't know what the point would have been. Unless you found out Carlotta sold the diner so Viki visits and then Wanda comes walking out saying she bought the place and she was now going to run it. Except for Viki and Bo, Wanda really had no ties to Llanview anymore.

I loved the Niki/Tess stuff of 2005/2006. Mostly because Niki didn't stick around for long periods of time. She'd come out, dress like Niki, make a mess and then become Viki again. then she's come back out and then go back in. I hated the 2002 storyline after a while because it was too much Niki. We can all thank Mark Derwin for deciding to leave the show. They said at the time that the story was going to go on longer but because he was leaving the show, they brought Viki back so she and Ben could have some together time before he went away.

• Members

I didn't have a problem with so much Niki as much as I had a problem with Niki being so OTT and everyone being so stupid. It seems like after the big DID story in 1995 they just made Niki this grab bag of insanity and made her into a monster.

One of the pet peeves I have with soap returns is that they have to matter. For me, it's fine to have people just show up for a few scenes to remember old times. I would have loved a scene like that for Larry and Wanda, just to remind people that OLTL actually did exist before 1986.