OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

To be fair to her, though, the storylines she was given (Tina willingly sleeping with a man she thought was her brother?) did her no favors.

I loved her as Mindy on GL.

Actually, Tina and Mindy, and the actresses that played them, have some weird parallels between them:

Andrea is considered to be the "real" Tina, and Krista the "real" Mindy.

Karen is considered the other, "acceptable" alternate as Tina, whereas Kimberley Simms was considered that for Mindy (and in both cases, some actually like them best).

Krista's Tina could actually be compared to both Ann Hamilton and Barbara Crampton was Mindy, in that most people just didn't accept them in the role.

And in some of the serious scenes I've seen of Krista as Tina--mainly, Luna's death--she did perfectly fine.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I haven't watched that scene yet, but in the scene where everyone realizes that Luna's dead (because of course her mystical spirit was powerful enough that the sky changing color through the hospital waiting room window was enough for them to learn it without Max telling them--sorry, my Luna hate is slipping through again, I need to work on that), and she just says "She's leaving us," I like that. Granted, it was only one line, but still.

But when Alex was running for mayor she and ranting to Susannah Hanen (Nora's therapist sister) about Todd & Blair getting married? Yeah, that was a little much.

Speaking of Krista's Tina, I always thought the last time they had sex until 2011 was before Cord was presumed dead in 1991, or when he came back in 1993 and she was trying to keep him from finding out about Cain. Apparently not!

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I've said it before but I don't believe Malone knew how to write for Tina, and once Witter was not there to offset the writing (and Griffith was also gone), it came a cropper.

Tesreau just felt way off, and played up the stupid, annoying aspects of Tina with little of the heart. The writing also played this up, too often just making Tina an irritant to Viki instead of focusing on the positive aspects of their relationship. Of course they couldn't do that because it would mean Malone writing something about the Lords that wasn't misery and rape and Todd whitewashing.

• Members

Blair did have a great insult towards Krista's Tina:

Tina: I'm trying to give you a piece of my mind!

Blair: Think you can spare any?

I've said before in the past that Gabrielle and Blair had great potential to eventually become friends, and their differing opinions on Tina--Gabby loved her like a sister, Blair dismissed her as a clueless bubblehead--would have been a fun thing to come up.

• Members

I can't remember if this was posted here already or not, but here's the rarely heard FULL version of the OLTL theme song from 1995-2004. Other than the 1984-1991 theme, this is absolutely my favorite OLTL theme song ever. I began watching when this theme was still in use, so the nostalgia I feel when I hear it is pretty damn strong.

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

She slept with him before she knew? I thought they became involved after she found out he wasn't actually the Lord heir, and continued keeping the secret for him.

I think KT's Tina worked in Malone's OLTL universe. She just wasn't comparable to AE as Tina in the Rauch era. The focus on her wasn't there and the writing was drastically different.