OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I wish they'd let Viki stay mayor. It's a role which suited her so well, and led to her being able to work for others aggressively, instead of constantly fighting her own demons and putting up with her family. This speech is just good, gutsy material.

And you'll never guess who Viki names as the lead citizen of Llanview...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LafovVHWNmc&feature=related

• Members

I know now! (Granted, I sort of cheated, having seen it in the comments section before I heard Viki say her name) Gabrielle Holden. What a beautiful sound that has wub.png . If only it had lasted sad.png .

Why do I get the feeling this was after she was embezzling money and cheated on Max with Tony to shut him up? laugh.png

ETA: I actually kind of joke-guessed that it could be Gabrielle, given everything that happened with her that year (and that she's my favorite character, of course), but I was still happily surprised/amused to find that it was her! smile.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

I think it was just a few months, yes. She was mayor long enough to start cleaning out the drug trade in Llanview, which is what got her shot. I think after her recovery from her stroke, she did go back to being mayor, but this wasn't used in the story. In 1991 she gave up her mayor job to spend more time with Clint because she thought he was having an affair. It's too bad.

• Members

Blair and Marty's final argument before the birth of Starr Manning (and Blair gives herself her first onscreen haircut!):

I wonder if this is the scene Fiona mentioned in the OLTL Tribute magazine. Except she said that she started it by throwing potatoes at Andrea, and she wasn't sure if it made it to air or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DdkQ7q5r_w&feature=related

Edited by MissLlanviewPA

• Members

Happy "St. Erika" day everyone. Mark Derwin i guess always e-mails Erika saying it's St. Erika day...because she started on the show on St. Patricks day (her first air date was probably a couple of weeks later but it's always celebrated on St. Patricks day.) It will always be St. Erika day to me. I've celebrated it "with her" for the past 18 years so it won't change. just that instead of counting number of years, i just celebrate Viki history every year from this year on.